BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FFG RT Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar PCs!

Little late with this, but:

The Soul Reaver

Announcing an upcoming adventure supplement for Rogue Trader

“They are a scourge upon our galaxy, the most vile and sadistic of all our xenos foes, and a peril to any who would ply the void in search of profit or gain. Whatever happens, should the shadow of their ships darken your path, pray you die fighting at the helm of your vessel, lest ‘fortune’ favours you and they take you alive…"
    –Magos Domos Agnelain, Explorator

The Dark Eldar are a plague upon the Koronus Expanse; raiders, slavers, pirates, and even Rogue Traders suffer at their barbed lashes and blades. Any who cross the Maw and sail the void of the Koronus Expanse learn to fear the wicked silhouettes of their ships and their seemingly endless cruelty towards all life, including their own. Only vigilance and firepower keep the worst depredations of these terrible raiders at bay, though from the dens of Footfall to the commerce halls of Port Wander there are countless tales of crew lost and ships savaged in their sudden attacks...

Fantasy Flight Games is pleased to announce the upcoming release of The Soul Reaver, an adventure in three parts for Rogue Trader! This epic campaign is a chance for daring Explorers to look deep into the twisted heart of Dark Eldar society in the Koronus Expanse, and pull the greatest heist of their careers.

Betrayal and Lies

For more on The Soul Reaver, here’s a word from developer Max Brooke:

Rogue Trader is all about risk and profit. Namely, taking huge risks in the name of reaping massive profits. And what bigger gamble could there be than plucking an ancient and powerful warship from the very heart of a Dark Eldar city within the webway?

The Soul Reaver starts with a heist, but things are rarely as they seem when you're dealing with the treacherous Dark Eldar. The Explorers have to bet everything more than once to survive the machinations of several competing factions within the city and come away from this web of lies and betrayal with their promised reward. Of course, the Explorers have a chance to do some betraying of their own, and to this end, The Soul Reaver contains the Dark Eldar Kabalite Warrior Career Path. This full new Career, designed for use in this adventure and beyond, allows players to take the sadistic power of the Dark Eldar into their own hands for the first time in Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay.

I'm very excited about the new resources that The Soul Reaver contains for creating dangerous and memorable characters, and GMs and players alike should enjoy using these rules in their adventure through the twisted depths and perilous heights of Dark Eldar society!

Check back often over the coming months as we preview The Soul Reaver, and look for it on store shelves late in the second quarter.

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I wish I knew someone who played this....

Interesting art of Commargh there as well
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Initiate

Default oh great sir

Your comments are very appreciated

Librarian

The retconned Dark Eldar codex is the most interesting 40K fluff in years and years. Might be interesting.

The cover artwork for "The Soul Reaver" though is absolutely horrible. Just repulsive.

Agreed, the cover is horrid. Her wych suit is wrong, her hair is wrong and she has some idiotic superhero mask thing over her eyes. Background is ok.

The other piece of art work is interesting, so long as it isn't mean't to represent all of Commoragh. A captive moon inside a webway pocket with a 'suburb' of Commoragh growing on it like a cancer, fine. Depiction of Commoragh, not fine.

Interesting to see how they have a Dark Eldar surviving outside the webway for the extended period of time required of a Rogye Trader crewmember.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I quite like the front cover art, apart from the hair which needs dialling back a bit. I admit it doesn't look much like the GW depictions of a wych, but then I don't think it is supposed to.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Well, my problem with it is she doesn't look like she is Dark Eldar. She looks like a generic nasty woman with bushy hair. None of the distinguishing features of the Dark Eldar wych suits are present (the cut away holes, armoured left side etc). She could be a Witch Elf, or a Dark Elf, or a Blood Elf, or a Night Elf, or a....

Librarian

Sure i saw her at a KISS concert
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Chapter-Master

A fair point, though I suspect that is a quite deliberate choice on their part. I imagine the model armour is all pretty similar and there must be loads of wyches who choose to wear all sorts of stuff. For me the image is trying to appeal to non-40k players and fire the imagination of players to dress their characters up however they like, rather than imagining yourself looking like one of GW's models, but I get where you are coming from.

Edit: Is it just me or does that mask make her look like Black Canary in bondage get up?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

The model armour is similar true, but there are certain characteristics that could be taken (like thee cut away sections and an armoured left) which could be maintained in keeping with the overall aesthetic but with teh details changed so it looks like new Dark Eldar clothing/armour. Instead we get someone who looks like a Generic Bad Elf Female.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast