BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Warhammer Forge - Monstrous Arcana

Quote Originally Posted by RanaldLoec View Post
    The new warhammer forge look. I don't know if its SoM or open to normal WFB rules.

It's a work in progress with upto 53 monsters being added.

Each lore of magic gets an elemental, the lore of beasts one we have seen.

Skaven get a few new monsters like the hellpit destroyer etc etc

Their are entries for fimir warriors.

Serpent Men of Kuresh or similar.

Dread Saurian an ethereal dinosaur

Lots of other names but the rules writer I was talking to stated its all work in progress and could change.

Oh for chaos dwarves

Big armoured suites with fire demons trapped inside, the initial sketch has Japanese style demon face masks.
    Logically it seems like a SoM supplement, hard to see how a load of different monsters could work otherwise.

Phoenix art:
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-25-2011 at 10:19 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

dont forget the Cdwarf on taurus, Cdwarf hellsmith and bile trolololols (serioulsy cool scuplts!)

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

I could't find any decent pictures of those, all blurry and horrible, but if I see some I'll post them. If anyone has any pictures feel free to add them here.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I didn't get any pictures, but the FW seminar talked about a forthcoming mutated 2 head giant, with one withered arm

And also Rat Wolves for skaven, were shown in artwork form.

Didn't stop much at WF
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Oh, right! Forgot him:

Chapter-Master

There was something in the FW seminar, but I jsut can't remember

They were talking about one of the big monsters becoming a mount for someone...but I jsut can't remember!

Full of useful info I am
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Secondly, the book to follow Tamurkhan is called Monstrous Arcana and will contain many, many 'binding scrolls' for Storm of Magic (or, you know, just rules for lots of big monsters); they had a mock up there with a few rough pages, most with only a name but a few with pics text and experimental rules. For Skaven, the Exalted Vermin Lord was there, as were the Brood Horror and the Rat Wolves; there was also an image of something called the 'Hell Pit Mauler' which was a big fleshy mass with claws, looked bigger than the Brood Horror, and also a very early sketch of a 'Hell Pit Destroyer' which looked to be the Mauler but with a Skryre tank/generator on its back and some form of cannon mounted on its shoulders (or at least where shoulders should be...). There was also one other thing that caught my eye which was name only:

Warp Fire Dragon.

Non-Skaveny monsters included elementals for each wind of magic, basilisk, phoenix, shard dragon, Firmir (not just the balefiend...) coatl, colossal squig, a big Lizardmen dinosaur that I forget the name of and more.
    From UnderEmpire via Warseer, originally posted by someone called Warlock I think.

Itty bit more:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorad View Post
    My brother and I went through the whole book with the artists - lots of blank pages but a few things I haven't seen mentioned in the thread:

There was a giant scarab beetle - described to me as being controlled by two "his and hers" coffins in the back (amusing). Amazing art.

There was a phoenix (awesome artwork)

There was a "fire gryphon" which was like a metal beast with fire buring from the inside - but its shell was all delicate and ornate.

Also "Merwyrm" a sea serpent which came in three flavours with different names, no art for that yet.

Ettin was in there - you pay for two different heads with different special rules - rules are in the early stages but they were thinking essentially if he fails a break test the behaviour sort of reverts to the other head and vice versa.

A monster that was like a hill come to life.

And loads and loads of others. Best looking book ever, incredible art.

Q1 2012 I was told - bring it on

Did anyone get a picture of the bale tarus with the CD sorcerer on the back? that model was insane.

PS. oh yes colossal squig - awesome art.

And they are doing 3 dinos - Lizard monster as described then there were two pages currently called "dino 1" and "dino 2" which they were suggesting an armoured type (ankleosaurous type thing) and a giant flyer (though both still in concept)

Chaplain

I can't help but be curious, has anyone had a chance to read the dino rules or see any photos?

Alpha Legion Operative

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    There was something in the FW seminar, but I jsut can't remember
    I recall Tony saying that the book would have rules to use the monsters in it for both Storm of Magic and normal games of Warhammer...

Bale Taurus and the Brood Horror both had pics of their mounted versions shown (although the second isn't really news to anyone here).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast