BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

That is always the most sensible option with rumours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
    Much like ghosts and UFO's, I'll believe in the 40k fliers when I see them.

But, much like Fox Mulder, I want to believe.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Are we going to do this again?

The table is too small. Infantry on foot can move 1/4 of the table (more if assaulting) in a single turn. How far will a fighter move? Half the table in a single turn?

I just don't see how it could work.

We don't know what 6th will change so it is pointless speculating on how a rumoured flyer supplement may impact upon it. For all we know movement speeds for infantry will be reduced (they are obscenely high for most armies now, in my opinion).
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

The table size compared to the scale of the models is the issue. Besides, if the reduced the movement of the infantry they would have to increase the number of turns or most infantry would go almost the entire game without getting into range. Right now a game take a few hours, how much longer can GW afford to make it?

Valkyries, Stormravens and Razorwings haven't exactly been problematic I don't see why they would be so in the future.

I feel like this get recycled every six months or so. Didn't I hear that right after the first wave DE release, etc? I will believe it when I hold them in my hands...

I really hope they don't leave any armies out of this. I can see Chaos having to go with the forge world kit and Elder only have apocalypse fliers I believe.

Daemons and Tyrranids don't have a flier either. Though I would love to see more Harridan.

There are rumours that Orks and Eldar will both be getting plastic flyers at some point, I assume with their new codices. Though I don't think it is absolutely necessary for each army to have a flyer, some could get an enhanced anti-air instead, to help combat them while remaining grounded. Daemons, perhaps. Though some giant winged daemonette would be pretty nifty. Unfortunately we are more likely to get some silly Tezeentchian or Khornate thing.

Chapter-Master

Any deamon thing would likely be god independant. like a soul grinder is.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Technically yes, but it really looks much more Khornate or Tzeentchian than it does Slaanesh or Nurgly. GW seem to default to vaguely Khornate when it comes to non-aligned daemony things.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast