BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Autumn of Flyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry
    At the risk of getting the cr@p kicked out of me ..... (after the whole "summer of fliers" thing)
    I have heard scraps that suggest there may well be something going on with 'fliers'.

I have heard some snippets about :

a) A kit for a SM flier called a "Storm Hawk"
    b) An Ork fighter kit (might have been a fighter/bomber?)
    and
    c) A 'fliers' supplement. (...as the first supplement to 6th Edition).

Now you have to remember I don't know so much about 40K OR follow 40K rumorz.
    So .... I don't know:

a) If you have heard this already?
    b) What I am talking about!

When I hear 40K stuff it really doesn't mean that much to me?
    So I tried the google 'Storm Hawk' and found this:
    (No idea of the original source ... I am sure someone hear will know if it was in a GW publication originally)

"The Storm Hawk is a smaller, more agile transport from the same design lineage as the Storm Bird. Used extensively for small operations, as the Heresy progressed much of the STC data to build the Storm Hawk was lost although the Mechanicum have kept copies so that if it were to fall completely out of service a variant could be reintroduced at a later date."

PLEASE REMEMBER THESE IS JUST RUMORZ

I have based this on the smallest scraps of information, from different places.
    It is possible I have been mislead or I have put two and two together and come up with complete bobbins.
    Add in the Void Raven kit coming at some point and this is feasible.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

fingers crossed this ties in with the Hydra rumours for my Guard

Brother-Sergeant

I'm definitely hoping this is true. This could be very nice.
    Last edited by Monkey Tom; 03-24-2012 at 07:14 AM.

Brother-Sergeant

The 'fliers' rumour does tie in the fliers we've seen released for Dark Eldar, the Necrons fliers which are due, and the rumour of Ork and chaos fliers in the pipeline. Also, there were flier rules for normal 40K games within the 'leaked 40K rule book' of a couple months ago.

However, though I like the sound of an Autumn of fliers, I doubt there will be any 40K expansion until 2013.

2012 seems pretty full already with 40K 6th edition and then at least one other 40K codex and army release.

And.. would they bother with a Marine flier when we already have the Storm Raven though?

Ryan

Veteran-Sergeant

Much like ghosts and UFO's, I'll believe in the 40k fliers when I see them.

But, much like Fox Mulder, I want to believe.

This sounds plausible to me, very plausible. GW has set a pattern of releasing a flyer for every codex they have released recently (except Sisters, but we don't count because it was WD), and, since either Chaos or Dark Angels are next (supposedly), and since neither has a flyer I can't see any reason for GW to not release a flying kit for them.

Quote Originally Posted by darthslowe View Post
    This sounds plausible to me, very plausible. GW has set a pattern of releasing a flyer for every codex they have released recently (except Sisters, but we don't count because it was WD), and, since either Chaos or Dark Angels are next (supposedly), and since neither has a flyer I can't see any reason for GW to not release a flying kit for them.
    There are only so many ways that you can modify a pipe organ, so I can understand why Sisters don't get a flyer.

this would be very cool, and a great way to keep stoking interest after the release of 6th, without having to pull out another codex release. I could see this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Add in the Void Raven kit coming at some point and this is feasible.
    It seems entirely reasonable that something like this will (eventually) happen. Every codex since guard has had some sort of flyer added add in. Factor in that some of the point cost seem a little steep at present (void raven is the best example) and it seem pretty certain that 6th will include some sort of flyer rules. Everything point to them having some sort of grand unveiling + model sale push like they did with spearhead. The only real question is when. With 6ed taking up most of the summer would they really attempt another big push so soon?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast