BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

True or not I am stoked that the Chaos Marine Codex is getting a much needed update!
    My blog http://galaxyinflames.blogspot.com/ Prodos Games US Marketing and Sales manager http://shop.prodosgames.com/en/

***** I hope it is a good book. However, I'm torn with keeping my chaos or selling them. Damn double edged sword. If the book is cool, then lots of temptation to keep the army. But if it isn't then the value of chaos won't be that much. So the better the army, the more money, but harder to let go. Suppose its better than having a poor army that won't get played and won't be worth much.

***** Brother G.

Veteran-Sergeant

I personal know TheDarkGeneral and he knows whats going on GW wise, I will not say much but what he says is correct.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by keithsilva View Post
    I personal know TheDarkGeneral and he knows whats going on GW wise, I will not say much but what he says is correct.
    Ok but just understand his words can be mistrusted by persons like us who don´t know him that way...
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Quote Originally Posted by keithsilva View Post
    That's cool and I do hope his rumors pan out cause Chaos will be good again.
    My blog http://galaxyinflames.blogspot.com/ Prodos Games US Marketing and Sales manager http://shop.prodosgames.com/en/

Options. As long as the new codex offers up options (unlike the current one). And also make a mono-god army build viable, please, cos my Nurgle marines need some love. (And heavy weapons.)

Add that and a potential interesting and intelligent rulse design for 6th Ed and I might start playing 40K again.

Librarian

Personally, none of this seems really groundbreaking. It's not what I'd expect after seeing what's been done with Grey Knights and Dark Eldar. It seems really... meh.

Special marks for vehicles... more jump pack options.. characters that seem copy-pasted from the Space Marine Codex in terms of changing how units work... I'm not reading anything in here that really screams Chaos. No new vehicles or new models. Just some updates that seem very in line with a larger version of a Codex we already have.

In all honesty, I hope the final result is a lot more radical and a lot more Chaos, and it seems like most of these 'rumors' not only seem suspiciously timed and spaced out, but there's no other sources backing them up.

My gut is telling me that either Chaos is right around the corner, or it's very far off.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    No new vehicles or new models. Just some updates that seem very in line with a larger version of a Codex we already have.
    You must have missed the bit in there about a potential new daemon engine.

Also, they're supposedly going to get dreadnoughts that don't suck, with a long-overdue new model kit.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Veteran-Sergeant

I have no room in my life, gaming closet, or wallet for yet another army, but man does this sound interesting. I guess this is how GW gets us...

BB

I'm liking the sound of the return of cult flavor and particularly geeked about the rumor of some anti-vehicle sonic weaponry. I think this codex could very well mean that the all-sonic army comes off the shelf, where it has languished for far too long.
    1. There are female marines and my Sunhawks will explain it to you.
    2. We are the Emperor's Children and we WILL redeem our honor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast