BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Chaos Legions Rumor Roundup V2.0

Lets try this again, with only the more trusted sources.

via the tireless [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?329951-Codex-Chaos-Legions-rumours"]The Dude[/URL]

- Inclusion of a new Landraider varient (no clues as to which), and
    - Daemon Engines taken 3-per-slot (again, no clues as to which Engines)

The one new piece of info was that Spawn packs could be increasing in max size and gaining the ability to be Marked.

22 Jan 2012 - This week theDarkGenral again brought up Legion-specific sprues, saying it looked like Power Armour and Terminator Armour would be on separate sprues.

These would include heads, shoulder pads, banners, a few weapon options (possibly chest plates?), and I assume would likely be Direct Only like the Battlewagon upgrade, but this is not confirmed.

He also said CSM would get a new box with all upgrade options (I assume he means special weapons here, as I doubt heavies would all be included)

He went on to say all Cult Marines would get new kits in the future, but implied they wouldn't be out at release (I wouldn't expect them to have that many kits in a first wave )

So the main concept was that the new CSM box could be upgraded using one of the Legion-specific sprues to make Legions troops.

This has lead to the re-posting of the unreleased Aspiring Champion Terminator upgrade bits seen at a Games Day some time ago. It is not clear if this has anything to do with what theDarkGeneral's rumours.

30 Jan 2012 - Apart from a lot of discussion about Thousand Sons and the Rubrik, nothing much happened this week. theDarkGeneral did make a post supporting reds8n's assertion that Phil Kelly is writing the book (or finishing it to be more accurate). This leaves us with two fairly strong rumous that Mat Ward is the author and another two caliming it's Phil Kelly. What the truth is remains to be seen.

07 Feb 2012 - Some interesting things occurred this week, with ghost21 posting that he "Made it up" calling all of his rumours into question. I have kept them in the summary, but highlighted them red, so as to ensure any instances of rumour reverb can be identified easily.

theDarkGeneral again claimed a Juggernaught mounted unit called Brazen Knights will appear and would also have a Fantasy equivalent. What this mean's for a possible kit is unclear.

New poster Son of Perturabo has also made some claims supporting the Legions/Renegades split, speculating on a Nov/Dec release and going against Harry by claiming it will NOT be the first 6th edition book.

75hastings69 shot down the rumours of Plastic Plague Bearers in the 6th edition starter set. Of course, that doesn't mean there won't be a full kit at some point. Time will tell.

13 Feb 2012 - Darnok recently brought some more rumours to the table regarding Chaos, saying the codex is “done and almost at the printers” whatever that means.

He also spoke of a few miniatures we can expect to see, including an Iron Warriors character with servo harness, possible new Obliterators, and plastic Plaguebearers on round bases. What with 75hastings69's recent denial of Plaguebearers in the starter set, it is possible these are a full plastic kit.

Darnok also said that painted versions of all four Cult Terminators have been sighted, but said they could have been conversions. These could have been made with the sprues other rumours have mentioned.

21 Feb 2012 - This week theDarkGeneral told us new Chaos Bikes and the New Dread have been spotted by GW Memphis staff, who claim these plastic kits have lots of bits.

They also apparently have a pdf of some sort and say it "screams death and carnage"

The bikes were confirmed as being new, not recut, and the Dread was described as a "crazy spikey combat dread"

theDarkGeneral also implied that there may be an additional heavy weapon upgrade for Chaos units, but was supposedly told it's not a Plasma Cannon

ant1clock let us know his local GW told him that the Thousand Sons kit is no longer available because they are moving to Finecast. It is unclear if this means a new, all Finecast kit, or if the existing metal components will move to FC.

27 Feb 2012 - This week saw a lot of speculation about new Thousand Sons miniatures based solely on the unique looking Thousand Sons corpse on the base of the new Finecast Thunderwolf Lord. Some believe it to foreshadow new sculpts, whilst others point out that scenic bits for other armies have appeared in kits before without new kits for those eventuating (e.g. Plaguebearers). Personnally, I don't think it means anything.

TheDarkGeneral told us that early discussions included the idea of Legion-specific “Daemonic Rider” units, such as Disc mounted Rubriks, Beast mounted Plague Marines, Seeker mounted Noise Marines, and the previously mentioned “Brazen Knights”, but went on to imply development may have stalled because of the question, “What would the other Traitor Legions get?”

theDarkGeneral also suggested that Chaos may get more Predator weapon options similar to Razorbacks (by which I think he means slightly lighter armed), revealing one of these options could be a Twin Linked Plasmagun turret with single Plasmagun sponsons.

08 Mar 2012 - Sorry for the late update here, but RL has taken it's toll again . Since my last update theDarkGeneral has dropped a few more claims into the mix.

Firstly, he says that Obliterator weapon morphs could be expanded beyond just energy weapons. InsanePsychopath pointed out that a recent piece of Black Library fiction depicted Obliterators morphing Assault Cannons (for what that's worth).

Secondly, that several special characters look to be getting varying levels of Eternal Warrior (1-3), including Abaddon, Kharn, Typhus and two more. How this will be worded is unclear, but if the Codex drops after 6th Edition, that would solve any possible problems.

Thirdly, that there will be more options for "mid-level" characters possibly able to be taken taken as 2-for-1 HQ choices, or possibly as "as a separate Elite or Fast or Troop choice that can be split off" The example he gave was a possible unit of Dark Apostles that can then split off as squad leaders. This could end up being a sort of Wolf Guard unit, it is not yet clear.

More recently, theDarkGeneral has claimed that Chaos will likely struggle to combat psykers, but Khornate characters will have ways of nullifying psychic abilities aimed at them.

He went on to say that Thousand Sons will have more basic unit upgrades and that Tzeentch could be getting a Daemon Engine of some sort.

He then supposed that Alpha Legion may force enemies to take Ld tests before they move or shoot. Some have pointed out that this ability would be cumbersome and very annoying for the enemy player, if not both players.

So, lots of interesting things to discuss there. Hopefully that will keep people form harping on about that one Thousand Sons torso in the Thunderwolf kit again

18 Mar 2012
    - theDarkGeneral said recently that the Dex is finished and should be leaving the printers shortly for warehousing ahead of distribution in the next couple of months.

He went on the say there is supposedly four waves of miniature releases planned.

He also claimed some mark-specific vehicle upgrades reminicent of the 3.5 Codex may appear, such as Poisoned flamers for Nurgle, higher strength/lower AP weapons for Tzeentch, Sonic weaponry for Slaanesh and "brutal blades" for Khorne (a possble reference to the old Destroyer upgrade, maybe?)

theDarkGeneral also said that there will be definition between Raptors and "Chaos Assault Marines", with Raptors being a new cult for Night Lords and "Assault Marines" being available to all Legions with the ability to be marked. Opinion seems divided on whether this would be a good move or not.

He went on to say that HQ choicess will effect the types of units and marks available to your Army, mentioning that "IF 6th Edition returns to Percentages, the Codex will make more sense"

Squeezed into this was the claim that Daemons could be redone for both 40K and Fantasy sometime in 2013, with new Greater Daemon models being released at that time. This has led to some discussion of large plastic kits incorporating special character builds in the vein of the Hive Tyrant/Swarmlord kit, but this is all wild speculation at the moment, and not a lot is likely to become clear on that from this year.

23 Mar 2012 - theDarkGeneral has had a lot to say in recent days, so here's a wrap-up:

theDarkGeneral has said the book should allow players to field Legion-specific armies that have a uniqueness similar to older Dex's whilst simultaneously allowing fexible mixed force builds.

theDarkGeneral has clarified that HQ selections may change what units "count as" (unclear if this means FOC slot used or counting as scoring etc), wargear upgrades for squads and vehicles, access to Daemons, and possibly affect unit sizes.

theDarkGeneral has claimed that there could be many more flying options in this book, including "Chosen with Jump Packs (expensive), Possessed with Wings (kinda expensive), Chaos Assault Marines (average), and Raptors". He also implied Cult troops could possibly get access to Jump Packs changing their FOC slot, but that part of his post could easily have been wishful thinking, especially given he also said there could be some tough choices, with most units unable to move FOC slots. He did mention he had heard it may be possible for certain units under certain conditions to occupy 2 different FOC slots simultaneously, but was dubious about this.

He has gone on to say that Chosen and Possessed could be recieving the most significant overhaul in the book. There is a chance HQ characters could take a unit of Chosen as a bodyguard as an upgrade, thereby not taking up an Elites slot.

Possessed will be more viable, losing the "game costing randomness" curretly on offer. theDarkGeneral claims they could become like the Ogre Kingdoms Maneaters, picking abilities from a list before the game. theDarkGeneral has also suggested a character may allow one or more units of Possessed to be taken as Troops.

According to theDarkGeneral, Berserkers could see their Rage rule return to the old Ld test system, where a failure results in Rage as we know it. He also said that 2 ideas for Chain Axes have been floated. One being simply giving them Rending, the other being +1 Strength. It is unclear which, if any of these ideas will make the cut.

theDarkGeneral has implied Alpha Legion may be able to pass on their Infiltration abilities to their transports.

theDarkGeneral claims Lash of Submission may get downgraded in line with the Daemons Codex version and that a suite of vehicle-mounted sonic weapons were at some point play-tested for Dreads and Preadators, adding there could also possibly be a new heavier sonic weapon with some extra tank-busting capability.

theDarkGeneral has also suggested there may be one or more large Apocalypse sized released for Chaos in the near future too, possibly including some kind of Autocannon-toting flyer, although what this may be is unlcear.

There was also some suggestion from theDarkGeneral that the Havoc Launcher may be upgraded to two shots.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chaplain

Thanks for the summary! I personally would be stoked with a new Chaos release and Necron second wave before 6e. It would be like Tzeentch to appear before a major change in the 40K game.
    "Winning is a theme" - John "JJ" Layfield

Any news on the models themselves?

Conclusion: theDarkGeneral is Alpharius/Omegon.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Thumbs up

The Dude is doing a great job in the warseer forum keeping the chaos players updated

TheDarkGenral has been the person who has posted the most info on chaos, but what has he been right about earlier? Would you say he is trustworthy? Also, many of ghost21's rumors have similar to these ones, so thats something to think about...

Iron Warrior Character :O... Servo Harness, Tzeentch Daemon Engines, Old Khorne esque Rules... Raptors.. Awesome Possessed, I am a happy chappy tbh. Is this likely to be the next codex out? Or is everyone wish listing/loving on Chaos

Whatever is the truth I hope these rumours are true xD
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Battle-Brother

I can hardly wait!

Chaplain

Looks like I am getting my Chaos Army back together! I have so many bikes, I hope they can be awesome in this next book.

I sadly don't put much stock into dark general. If he proves me wrong and it turns out everything he had to say was true, I'd be willing to eat my words. But as it stands I question how accurate he is.
    =/
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast