Thanks. It's nice to have some finished models on the board; I've started on a terminator squad, commander, librarian and chaplain but it'll be a while before they get any more serious attention as I have a unit of 50 goblins on the agenda next (for my 9th age army).

Started another game yesterday (the smaller All Out Assault ) - a awesome beginning with a lot of carnage! Only managed one full turn a second marine exploration phase. Turned up the synapse secondary objective (again) a duct and 2 passages first; lost all my nids to his 3 squads of marines headed up by a commander, but managed to take down 7 (including 2 heavy bolters) and get a fate point from the commander. Not all bad - Tyranids were awesome! Next cards are energy cortex (primary objective ), duct and blocked passage - gulp! Might have to let this one go and regroup...

One thing that did cause debate, which hopefully you have an opinion on, was moving through portals. There are some portals where it appears you don't have to move onto the portal square to pass through but we couldn't agree. So for example, if you hold board section 2 with the purple room top left, can you move / see diagonally through the two portals at the bottom? The bottom left one seems that this should be fine but the bottom right perhaps not.
I originally argue that both are fine because portals are not fixed and move in/out continuously, you can move from a portal square to any adjacent one, and squares contains portals are considered empty. Now I wonder if you must always move on to the portal to pass / LOS is only more straight down the portal (not diagonal ) in these situations or if in fact they are different.

P.s. There is a link to a company that will print board sections toward the end of the revamp thread!