BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Endless Crusade - Sisters of Battle WIP

Hi all! I can think of no better time to start a log for my sisters of battle army.

Many folks are greatly dissapointed by the new WD codex and there are definately some areas that could have been much improved on, however, I find myself very satisfied in the sheer amount of stuff I could cram in lists and in the glorious variety of units I have in any given list. In many 1850pt cases, I have battle sisters, retributors, dominions, death cult assassins, crusaders, at least one member of the ecclesiarchy, saint celestine, rhinos, a variety of immolators, exorcists, in some cases I used repentia. Holy hobby oppertunities batman!!

I could not figure out how I was going to paint my SoB for a LONG time. I was going to go with the ol' white armor and red cloth when I decided to steal the Protectorate of Menoth's scheme from privateer press' warmachine range. I wanted white and red, but the cream colored armor of menoth really worked out and I love the rich red wine maroon. I had to mix several times to get the tone I wanted.

From painting the units and rhinos I have so far, I've realized just how time consuming a 2k sisters army is going to be! Its as huge as a guard army, but easily more finely detailed. I feel like I'm running the iron man of painting

Heres some of my finished and WIP models:

Sistas

WIP sistas
    "It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Retributors

Saint

"It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles." - Niccolo Machiavelli

The holy roller, kyrinov WIP

Finished Rhino (besides treads)

ZOMG! RHINOS IN PROGRESS!!

I'm hoping to get a few battle reps in soon. I'm playing Han's Kruegers necrons tomorrow night. He just won the indy GT, so congrats to him! We're on an ETC team together and are seriously considering SoB as one of our five armies. I also have a game lined up to face mech IG on thursday. I'm gonna take pics and write up reports
    Last edited by Son_of_Osiris; 03-06-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Chapter-Master

WOW those are amazing! all the colours are so smooth and the freehand and gold are excellent!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Battle-Brother

Simply love it !

Beautiful work. I love the violet.
    "Wisdom means having the ability to admit what you do not know."

Brother-Sergeant

Very very impressive! I especially like your Saint Celestine. I painted the bulk of my SoB army several years ago so they aren't quite up to my current standard though some of my newer stuff that I've added came out nice. If I get time I'll try and post a few pics tonight but your stuff does put most of mine to shame. (Meanwhile i do have one post in the gallery of my now useless scratch built Karamazov...) Curse you heretic for being better than me!

Very pretty, always good to see SoB, too.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

I am jealous of that white! It's amazing!

Love the paint scheme, it is unique and really pops for me. I also like the swap on Celestine to the Sanguinary Guard wings. It is interesting you made your Celestine Blonde, I always pictured her a a Brunette!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast