BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Turiya64 builds a new table!

after seeing the new[URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/REALM-OF-BATTLE-ZONE-MORTALIS-SET.html"] ” REALM OF BATTLE ZONE MORTALIS SET"[/URL] i just knew this was the excuse i needed to build a new place to do battle so i made some best guesses and jumped in.

I started with about 12 12/12 plates and then cut a large number of 3in wide strips all out of 1/8in plywood. then cut a bunch of 1 3/4in square blocks to space out the walls. The thought being if they all have 2in thick walls spaced 2in away from the side of the 12/12 then they could all match up properly and form mostly 4 in wide walk ways so large critters like a carnefex could walk around and get where they need to go. I am sure in some configurations there will end up being 2in wide spaces but I am ok with that.

i started with some simpler shapes but in the next day or 2 i will build the rest then it is on to makeing them not look like they are made of wood

A perfect use for off cuts and "reject" sheets that you get for half price!

honestly the stuff is so cheap it's not even worth worrying about finding cutoffs. I think I paid 10$ for an 8'/10' sheet. but in this case these were made from cutoffs from the last 2 projects I had done. a bar for my wife and a new headboard for our bed complete with built in lighting and book shelves I have allot of hobbies....

I'll be keeping an eye on this!

just a little update i got 4 more plates built up these are a little more complex shape wise then the last ones but still not to bad after you get started

I've got the plans for doing this as well. I like what you did. I think i am going to make the walls out of 2x4's. That is the only thing i would change. For texture i wanted to plaster the 2x4's make a imprint or something on it to add dimension. I was also going to buy sticky tiles for the bases. Great idea and looks very promising. Oh yea thanks for the idea of a 5th plate.

ttfn
    Last edited by Aervyper; 03-10-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Huh. Interesting. Have they introduced any rules to go with the new set or is it just plain old terrain?

Those tiles are looking pretty awesome! And a helluva lot cheaper than the FW ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Angel View Post
    Huh. Interesting. Have they introduced any rules to go with the new set or is it just plain old terrain?
    [URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/Z/zonemortalis.pdf"]Zone Mortalis Experimental Rules Set[/URL]

Or alternatively try [URL="http://www.thecodexproject.com/killzone/"]Special Operations Killzone[/URL]

Scout

Good idea... Looks like I need to run to home depot

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast