BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by jifel View Post
    Venomthropes and FNP, my dear sir. I wont say that Psycannons are bad, they certainly aren't! But that is only one unit with that firepower, and they can only hurt one unit a turn with shooting. Plus, 30" threat range means I cant get everything out of the way, but i can can get enough beasties away that I can Catalyst the big ones in range.
    Even if you have FNP and a venomthrope on it, you're still looking at two wounds on average. Really, though, they'll just kill the venomthrope first, which is pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Even if you have FNP and a venomthrope on it, you're still looking at two wounds on average. Really, though, they'll just kill the venomthrope first, which is pretty easy.
    Two wounds isn't too bad really. And yes, always shoot the venomthrope first. But surprisingly, opponents dont always put concentrated firepower into him. And if you want to dedicate major shooting into him, well thats shooting thats not killing anything else. But yeah, its not too hard to kill 2 venomthropes if you actually try.

Mindstrike missles are pretty rough in the mirrormatch too! Frankly while a clump of rock can be hard to break- its easy to avoid, and far from unbeatable! Just don't rock the rock! Drago-wing can kill a couple units a turn just in psycannon spam- but what if those targets are in cover... or there are tons of them grabbing objectives. Just saying Draigo may be tough, just don't play into his hand!

Demolisher Cannons. Most Marine codexes and variants can take a vindicator, and Guard can take a Leman Russ with one. Splat.
    Ive even been quasi effective using massed battle cannons from defilers and massed blast masters. I had a game with 3 defilers and 4 units of noise mariens with blast masters and killed all of them in 4 turns.
    These guns easily out-range the paladins, and a failed save is a dead model, no FNP. With the large blast, you can cover 5 models pretty easily, and wounding on 2+.
    In another game I had a sorcerer with lash in a unit with 2 meltas, so I melta'd them then pushed them away so he couldn't assault me. That worked really well, but only Chaos have that ability.

Chapter-Master

If the Paladin player was too stupid to spread out, he deserves to lose like that. Spread out properly, even a large blast is lucky to hit more than one or two large based models.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

So far what I'm hearing is the feasible counters codex marines have for this new technological terror dubbed the "Draigostar" is either massed melta or demolisher cannons?

Chapter-Master

Actually, it's changing up your strategy to negate the Paladin's strengths. That's why Grey Knights seem so OP when they're really not. You don't beat them by challenging them to their own game in a fair fight.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I have found my hiden gem unit in the chaos codes works wonders. A five man chosen squad with melta guns can drop paladins rather easy ... and I usually field 3.

Str 8 and ap 1 means they only get a 5+ save and its save vs death as it is a double toughness shot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123