BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Scout

Quote Originally Posted by plawolf View Post
    I wonder if it will be a new trend to add little extras like corpses of enemies and other bits and bobs in addition to all the extra options in future releases. That would be really cool as i hate to 'kill off' perfectly good models just to make a really interesting base.
    I agree somewhat, but I always worry with these sorts of things that they start to look repetitive so next thing you know you are back to doing what you have always done to get some sort of diversity...

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Frostclaw View Post

World Eaters I really hope get a fresh look that still nods towards tradition. I just think the present figs are dated and bland. For years now, I've been torn between WE, TS, and WB, and have yet to make a decision. I think this new codex and the associated releases might actually make the decision for me.
    I don't get why people don't seem to like the WE models nowadays. They're still great as far as I'm concerned, plenty of flexibility, lots of weight and movement in the poses, a nice amount of variety and detail. I'd be quite happy for them to keep the set they have for the next codex. Hell, I still like the Berzerkers from the previous range, even if they are really static

If GW shall push for a legions codex, I guess they need to at least have plastic kit for each god + undivided....

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Silverclaw View Post
    Making all the trop choices in plastic would certainly seem like logic...

But logic is allways dangerous to hope for.
    You sound as if you've been in the Armed Forces with that kind of comment,made me laugh.

I don't see it from a basing prop,but when they do release something it will be a generic kit with all the options,it'll cost you more,-they sell you spare parts but your not dissapointed.They know how much to make as opposed to 4 different kits, with stock piles of one flavour and shortages of the other.

Scout

Well I do hope for some cool, new cult figures (plastic). I would also like just upgrade sprews for cult terminators as well.

I hate to say it, but Lucian may be rigtht. It does seem to be the most logical choice. However, GW did finally make new sculpts for SW, BA and DA. Of course they are marines, but still Chaos marines should get some of that MEQ love due to the fact that they are in power armor. Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhonian View Post
    Seeing the recent plastic Space Marine releases (Sanguinary Guard/Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Grey Knights etc) I'm confident GW can make amazing plastic models packed with many options/extras. Question is, will Chaos get the same treatment as the other releases?
    I really think they will. GW has aced the last few armies, model-wise. My bets are on Chaos getting the 2008 Ork treatment, at least- lots and lots of new, amazing kits. They need it!

Brother-Captain

I agree that they really do need it.

Personally I think Chaos Marines have the worst range of models in 40k, currently.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Battle-Brother

I do love the detail and subtle updates to the Thousand Suns head and torso - so hopefully that bodes well for the future line if they are able to put that into any new models...though I'm more interested in what they do with basic CSM models.

its just basing material yetit could hint at the new style of sculpt...saying they are using the same suclptors for both ranges

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast