BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Transporting Dark Eldar Vehicles

I recently completed my initial 2000 points of Dark Eldar, but I am running into a problem of how to properly and effectively transport my raiders, ravagers, and venoms with down the line of razorwings. Any ideas or suggestions as the best course of action for this. Thank you.

Brother-Sergeant

Not the cheapest option but I use[URL="http://uk.battlefoam.com/categories/Battle-Foam-Trays-%2815.5-x-12%29/Warhammer-40K/Dark-Eldar/"] Battle Foam[/URL]

Yeah, I also stand by battlefoam for really just transporting in general, but their vehicle sheets are really nice. Only problem is that DE are so spikey the infantry sometimes stick into the tray above them ><

I am a big fan of Sabol Designs products. The pluck foam allows you to customize the space the model takes up.

Scout

I found a $13, hard shell, toolbox and put foam in the bottom. I can fit 7 raiders/ravagers across the bottom, and 4-5 venoms up top. I take the bases of the raiders/ravagers and hot glued some foam strips across the bottom of the toolbox, so that the raider hull sits on the foam, and the spikes don't touch anything. Then I put some foam between each raider to keep 'em separated. Hope that helps. Maybe I will do a post on them at eldaraddict.blogspot.com

I would have to recommend BattleFoam as well. Their custom cut tray designer is awesome, and it has the outlines for almost every model possible, even DE vehicles.

It's a pain in the neck when you've glued the sails on >.< Going to have a look at the Battle foam though, see what cost the shipping is to the UK.
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Yeah, DE is tough to transport, all spikey and prickly. I have the older style raiders and found that I usually just end up using a box just for them. The battlefoam for the new ones is also good.

Same issue! Battle foam is great but expensive in my opinion. Its freaking foam. You just have to get a lil creative.

I got around it by going to the Container Store, and using their cheap packing foam to make 'U' shapes. Cut a rectangle and then curl it into a U.

So a side view would look like this UUUUU with a raider/ravager sitting in each gap. I stapled the U's together and taped the bottom to the container. Like so:

Gamer • Painter • Designer • Englishman
    http://levitas-master-artificer.blogspot.com

Ordinarily I am reluctant to shell out for battlefoam, but I have done so for my DE due to the relative fragility of the models. I'm actually very happy with it and in a year and a quarter of fairly regular play I've yet to have anythng bust on me in transit, so I am still glad I did it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast