BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

A page and a half of talking about someones feelings getting hurt.. GW brings out the best in people.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yes but some of us try and make it clear our blanket statements are subjective or based on facts. As to Finecast the only figure we have is GW saying 87 or 97% of casts are considered acceptable for sale. The problem is we don't know what their definition of successful is or if this figure takes into account miscasts that slip through QC. In other words we don't actually know a damned thing.

I mean given the volumes GW sells kits in it could be all the confirmed miscasts we have represent the 3% failure rate and 97% of Finecast kits are perfect. But it could be that 50% are miscast but only 3% are picked up. See above, re: don't know a damned thing.
    Pure specualtion here, buti would have thought that most of the FC models they sell were ok. If most of the model were flawed and having to be replaced, GW would be losing money hand over fist on this and would have stopped or at least slowed production while they attempt to fix the problem. They haven't, in fact they have increased the production rate, so that to me would indicate that, despite what the interent says, FC models are largely fine.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Is the model not made with finecast in mind [aka old models] there is going to be problems . you cant jump from metal to resin and expect everything will be fine .

Are the dudes making a model line sleepy and the models are not chunky space marines ? hello there too thin models , nid zeos breaking at the neck etc. in general models with small thin parts and anything that is "dynamic" suffers . When the entry point for resin are designed in the wrong place [or it is impossible to put them in a right one. like with the necron overlord] There is going to be problems with models.

This is how finecast is and this is how it is going to be . static sm separate arms ? will be fine probably [depands whos shift it is , how old the mold is etc] . a 3 part DE models in a 6 man unit . enter the world of 9 boxs opened to make a single unit .

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Suffokate View Post
    A page and a half of talking about someones feelings getting hurt.. GW brings out the best in people.
    Correction: FINECAST brings out the best in people!

Anyway, from what I have been seeing, they have been pretty good about replacing defective models, no?

/rant
    I can't believe what I've been reading here. It doesn't matter how many Finecast models you've opened without a problem, you can't just sit there with your hands over your ears singing "I can't hear you, nah nah nahnahnah!" To try to discredit someone's frustrations because you haven't had any problems is the epitome of douchebagery - whether you're trying to make a joke or not.

"I teach at a school with over 500 kids, and none of them have any kind of cognitive difficulties, therefore I don't know what all of the fuss is about regarding special education."

Seriously? *sigh*
    /rant

It doesn't matter how many great versions of Finecast models are out there, the fact that there are people who have to keep ordering new models is a problem - whether you wish to acknowledge it or not. Personally, I like the medium and I think the Finecast is awesome in so many ways, but the fact that it's been out for almost a year with the same QC problems from day 1 is pretty pathetic. When it first came out all you'd hear is "Well it's a new medium so there are expected to be some problems early-on", but that justification doesn't seem to make much sense anymore. Additionally, the fact that certain models seem to be particularly prone to damage (like the Necron ICs) while others (like the anniversary model) seem to be mostly flawless is a problem that GW needs to address.

Beyond simply caring for your customers, it's a problem because Finecast could potentially become more expensive of a material to use than metal because they'll need to send out so many more copies of models than they did when they were using metal. They need to fix the bubbles, period.
    Last edited by whitestar333; 03-03-2012 at 07:45 AM.

http://steam-poweredgamer.blogspot.com

Veteran-Sergeant

My local store checks all fine cast models as the come in from the orders. Any thing super bad they simply call GW and have them send new ones and not even shelve the super bad ones.

Edit: they also always order 1 more then they need for this reason.

But someone has had problems with Finecast doesn't entitle them to dismiss all those that haven't by the same logic. Which is what people do. 'Finecast is an utter failure' is a very different statement to 'I've had nothing but trouble with Finecast and I'm really cranky about it'.

There are problems with Finecast QC I don't think anyone is disputing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by whitestar333 View Post
    /rant
    I can't believe what I've been reading here. It doesn't matter how many Finecast models you've opened without a problem, you can't just sit there with your hands over your ears singing "I can't hear you, nah nah nahnahnah!" To try to discredit someone's frustrations because you haven't had any problems is the epitome of douchebagery - whether you're trying to make a joke or not.

"I teach at a school with over 500 kids, and none of them have any kind of cognitive difficulties, therefore I don't know what all of the fuss is about regarding special education."

Seriously? *sigh*
    /rant

It doesn't matter how many great versions of Finecast models are out there, the fact that there are people who have to keep ordering new models is a problem - whether you wish to acknowledge it or not. Personally, I like the medium and I think the Finecast is awesome in so many ways, but the fact that it's been out for almost a year with the same QC problems from day 1 is pretty pathetic. When it first came out all you'd hear is "Well it's a new medium so there are expected to be some problems early-on", but that justification doesn't seem to make much sense anymore. Additionally, the fact that certain models seem to be particularly prone to damage (like the Necron ICs) while others (like the anniversary model) seem to be mostly flawless is a problem that GW needs to address.

Beyond simply caring for your customers, it's a problem because Finecast could potentially become more expensive of a material to use than metal because they'll need to send out so many more copies of models than they did when they were using metal. They need to fix the bubbles, period.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Suffokate View Post

A page and a half of talking about someones feelings getting hurt.. THE INTERNET brings out the best in people.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestar333 View Post
    /rant

Seriously? *sigh*
    /rant
    You totally miss the point one person does not make a epic failure. One persons experience is just that ONE. Your example is flawed too. Epic Failure assumes that this is System wide and all are bad not the case.

Plus customer service are you kidding GW send out new models at the drop of a hat. Missing a Sprue? Get a whole new box. Bad part get a new Blister, Short one metal piece get a new set. Seriously I have seen and been on the receiving end of that CUSTOMER SERVICE at least 2 dozen times and I know I am not alone.

As a former teacher do not even get me started on the problems with Special Ed and the fact 50% the kids labelled Special Ed are not they are lazy and their parents are too and paid enough Shrinks to get one that said what they wanted and now we get the Special Pills.

Chaplain

HAH! If one ever doubted humans are ugly and vile beings they simply need to spend a few hours online. I remember the first time I sat down at a PC for a few hours surfing the net. On one hand I was impressed by all the information and stuff you can do. On the other hand I was shocked by all the vile stuff people only say, post, and do.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    A page and a half of talking about someones feelings getting hurt.. THE INTERNET brings out the best in people.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast