BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

There is a big leap from 'Finecast has quality control issues' to 'Finecast is a complete failure'. They undoubtedly do have quality control issues and it really isn't good enough, and I'd imagine that someone ontheir 6th or 13th replacement model would be getting quite frustrated. It shouldn't happen but that doesn't make Finecast a failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnEnemy View Post
    Why are you guys attacking him? Sure he used strong language to make blanket statements, but his basic point was correct.
    finecast has some big problems when it comes to quality control.

I've had two out of about fifteen finecast models irreparabley flawed. People get some really poor quality models sometimes. It's just fact. I mean, karma really? It's his fault he's gotten some bad models? That's just odd.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I have opened over a 1000 packages and not one fatally flawed don't be a jerk and make a blanket statement and really 13 Overlords I have opened at least 20 of them and not one issue that you would not find with metal or Forgeworld
    Last edited by TheBitzBarn; 03-02-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    There is a big leap from 'Finecast has quality control issues' to 'Finecast is a complete failure'. They undoubtedly do have quality control issues and it really isn't good enough, and I'd imagine that someone ontheir 6th or 13th replacement model would be getting quite frustrated. It shouldn't happen but that doesn't make Finecast a failure.
    Yeah, it was a big leap. We just have different experiences than some of the more vocal people online. Most of the finecast models I've gotten have been without flaw, but my anecdotal evidence doesn't really override someone else's.

Did the dude use hyperbole to try to make his point? Yeah. I still felt the need to deflect some of the vitriol away from him. I mean, he's gotten screwed by circumstance in regards to his models did he really need to get screwed on the forum too?

This is the internet, when you make a hyperbolic blanket statement based on a single, anecdotal example someone will correct you. Wittdooley wasn't actually vitriolic, he just turned it on its head to illustrate how silly it was.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Bah, what's with the blanket statement cops? Everyone makes blanket statements. Especially those who dislike others doing it!

Maybe Finecast is a failure. Or maybe it's just faulty. In order to determine this we'd need to know the statistics: how many people end up with flawed models and how many end up with pristine ones? If we could determine these numbers we'd be able to accurately gauge if it is a failure or just an imperfect thing. If, for example, greater than 50 percent of people get messed up models then it's fair to say its a failure. If greater than 50 percent percent get perfect models it's flawed. We'd also need to establish a threshold for labeling it a success. Like, perhaps, 90 percent of all models sold are pristine is a clear success.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Yes but some of us try and make it clear our blanket statements are subjective or based on facts. As to Finecast the only figure we have is GW saying 87 or 97% of casts are considered acceptable for sale. The problem is we don't know what their definition of successful is or if this figure takes into account miscasts that slip through QC. In other words we don't actually know a damned thing.

I mean given the volumes GW sells kits in it could be all the confirmed miscasts we have represent the 3% failure rate and 97% of Finecast kits are perfect. But it could be that 50% are miscast but only 3% are picked up. See above, re: don't know a damned thing.

Chaplain

Facts schmacts...its the internet and nothing is true!

And of course GW is going to give an estimate like that. Should we believe them? They are after all an evil and greedy corporation that is part of the 1 percent. Hmm, wanna explore the potential of Occupy Games Workshop with me? Lets be entitled brats and demand redistribution of the models!

But you and Sergeant Shultz are right. "We know nothink! Nothink!"

I shall base my view of Finecast (which I have not bought yet) on what I know from the products I've bought: After lots and lots of plastic and metal models I've had mostly good experiences. The vast majority of them have been excellent. And no major foul ups. The most common problem I've had with them is slightly warped large flat pieces. Such as hull parts for tanks. I did one time get a box of marines in which their heads looked as if they'd been squeezed.

So on that track record I'd wager Finecast wouldn't be too bad.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    Bah, what's with the blanket statement cops? Everyone makes blanket statements. Especially those who dislike others doing it!

Maybe Finecast is a failure. Or maybe it's just faulty. In order to determine this we'd need to know the statistics: how many people end up with flawed models and how many end up with pristine ones? If we could determine these numbers we'd be able to accurately gauge if it is a failure or just an imperfect thing. If, for example, greater than 50 percent of people get messed up models then it's fair to say its a failure. If greater than 50 percent percent get perfect models it's flawed. We'd also need to establish a threshold for labeling it a success. Like, perhaps, 90 percent of all models sold are pristine is a clear success.
    here is a poll [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=20023"]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=20023[/URL] vote say what you want, but it will be good information as often the complainers are more vocal

This is the internet, when you make a hyperbolic blanket statement based on a single, anecdotal example someone will correct you. Wittdooley wasn't actually vitriolic, he just turned it on its head to illustrate how silly it was.
    I didn't have an issue with his first post. It was the second post he made and Morgan's post that were a bit off to me.

It's not a huge deal. I said my peace.

Iron Father

Sometimes the humour is lost in translation.
    However as some have said Fine cast production certainly isn't perfect and some of us have said their experiences of fine cast is fantastic and others seem to be having a horrible time with repeated miscasts. I myself have had a hard time trying to get a Castallan Crowe that I was happy with. I think on my 5th attempt I was just about happy. Did I previously feel like sharing my experience on here, No and for obvious reasons as I didn't relish the idea being attacked by the GW love brigade. and I dont think it would have added anything to the debate.

Myself I think GW are dropping the ball on fine cast quality and they still need to improve, but you know what I had plenty of metal models with issues too and over all Fine cast is an improvement. However if GW could move over to plastic entirely that would be fantastic, however unlikely. I have begun to go down the plastic conversion route with most of my characters, not because I don't like fine cast as a medium but I get more bang for my buck out of plastic and enjoy the conversions.

But I just don't see the need to be writing s**t about each other on here due to personally experiences.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast