BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rissan4ever View Post
    Because they want to improve the rules. The minis get better, the rules get better, the game gets better.
    More importantly, it allows them to release tons of new models. The rulebooks are their vehicle for selling models.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

A friend mentioned that there was some study involving the optimum number of years between releases of game systems. If you go back through the 40k books, it is definately following the same cycle. Many (Most?) other role playing systems have similar cycles.

It also serves to keep things 'new' as in... I need to find out what they are doing now, instead of just keeping with my existing set of the game, and eventually moving on to other things.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    More importantly, it allows them to release tons of new models. The rulebooks are their vehicle for selling models.
    Interesting.

With the way GW seems to function I think they are less likely to make something cheaper when they can make it more expensive whilst 'adding' to the overall product and saying you are getting more for you dollar. So I believe they are better off following the Dreadfleet lead and bundling a 6'x4' printed fabric terrain mat in the starter box.

Some may think it would cannibalize the Realm of Battle boards but they already produce a terrain mat for £18.50 which I think this fabric mat could replace as it would probably be cheaper to produce. Anyway I discussed it [URL="http://40kaddict.blogspot.com/2011/10/dreadful-idea.html"]here.[/URL]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12