BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: March Releases

I love how "simple stupid" and "green stuff" translate from german to english so easily

Since GW has lost their fight with Chapterhouse, they will be dumping out as much of the newer kits asap to avoid anyone else getting copyrights to thier stuff.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    I love how "simple stupid" and "green stuff" translate from german to english so easily
    I was wondering about that. I get green stuff being in english as it's a product name, but what's that simple stupid thing about? Acoording to google translate, stupid and simple both have german translations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightspawn View Post
    Since GW has lost their fight with Chapterhouse, they will be dumping out as much of the newer kits asap to avoid anyone else getting copyrights to thier stuff.
    At the serious risk of de-railing the thread, this is news to me. Has GW actually lost/given up the fight? I would have thought this would have mader bigger news if this was the case.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Librarian

Nope they haven't still fighting it and anyone saying they lost, i've just citied it in my dissertation, they are currently giving evidence in the case. if anyone wants to follow it here's a useful site [url]http://www.rfcexpress.com/lawsuits/copyright-lawsuits/illinois-northern-district-court/68828/games-workshop-limited-v-chapterhouse-studios-llc-et-al/summary/[/url]

Just to clarify this case hasnt even made it into the court rooms yet, and chapterhouse have been told to pay 10% of GW's legal fees.

Can't wait for thunderwolves if true, im not a power gamer im just thinking of the conversion options.
    Last edited by lattd; 02-16-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Nightspawn View Post
    is there an emoticon for Dumbass?
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    Just to clarify this case hasnt even made it into the court rooms yet, and chapterhouse have been told to pay 10% of GW's legal fees.
    I have looked through every motion and found nothing on this. It seems odd that a judgement for fees rendered would precede the actual hearing.

Anyway, I am looking forward to selling my chapterhouse tervigon kit and getting some official stuff. I think 3 tervigons and 2 tyrannofexes will be purchased. I can hardly wait to figure out how to magnetize them!

Veteran-Sergeant

so i spend $30 on 4 new 3rd party TWC, then a week later i find out GW is making models for them #facepalm

Librarian

I am going to be honest, I hope that the GW tervigon is nothing like the one in Chapterhouse. I am sorry, a carnifex with a few blobs on it and a slightly bigger carapace doesn't cut it for me. I thought it was really ugly.

We shall see though, I am really hoping it is a kit I can get behind, and I heard a rumour that it will also be a tyrannofex kit, a model I would love to play around with.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

On the topic of Pre-orders I've noticed the front page of the GW site says "Necron Battleforce - Advance Order Now!" but when clicking on it it brings you to the Advanced Order page which doesn't appear to have been updated yet.

Also in regards to the rumored Tyranid kits, the Hive Tyrant is still missing from the store. Possibly a new kit along with the Tervigon?

Edit: Advanced Order page has been updated. Just the Necron Battleforce which is 20 Warriors, 5 Scarab Swarm Bases, 5 Immortals and a Ghost/Doomsday Ark
    Last edited by gresha; 02-17-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Some updates:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnok

But the scraps I've read so far could be sumarised as: the paint range will increase, and the paints are of higher quality. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Personally, I don't see a problem. If the new paints are of good quality - and I can't complain about the recent range, so I doubt I will do so about the new one - I get new options. If some colours don't exist any longer, I'll get them from other manufacturers. For me it looks like a win-win situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by stiggie
    at my store there is a shelving unit specifically for new releases where a new product will get an entire shelf to itself. these spaces he was told to make were in the actual 40k section of current releases. It's a one man store thus there isn't enough space for every product to have its own place (units are stacked behind others etc) so having a 3 wide slot of tervigons wouldn't work.

P.s

he did state "different box sets" because we were debating on wether the hive tyrant would be in one too (we severely doubt it but was trying to work out..

tervigon/tyrannofex
    harpy

can't work out what the last one would be... mycetic spore possibly. IDK.
    So possibly more than one Tyranid kit.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast