BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IG sentinel

Default IG sentinel

are there any circumstances that a single sentinel could be anything other than a pointless points-sink?

If so, what spec would it be, and how would you use it?

Brother-Captain

What are you trolling?

Sentinel is one of the most useful 35pts in the entire army.

Where else do you get that amount of mobility and ROF for 35pts?

Outflanking - S6 is great vs rear/side armour.

Tying up a unit in CC

Dying in CC to high S units - you WANT it so explode

Screening Infantry.

Picking off T4 infantry.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

nope not trolling... I love the models... but have always found they work best in groups...

I was wondering if a single one could be useful... bascially, I have 65ish points spare on a list I am developing and I would like to fill the gap with a single sentinel model... and I want to know how most effectively to kit it out

I've effectively lost entire units of hormagaunts to lone sentinels before. It doesn't matter if I have 60 S3 attacks, they're still S3 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyben View Post
    are there any circumstances that a single sentinel could be anything other than a pointless points-sink?

If so, what spec would it be, and how would you use it?
    with a flamer? it's a fairly good tarpit against units that don't have melta bombs or power fists.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

do you reckon 1 armoured sentinel with a flamer (60pts) or find a saving of 20pts (probably lose a few special weapons from inf squads) and go for 2 normal sentinals with flamers (80pts)?

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyben View Post
    do you reckon 1 armoured sentinel with a flamer (60pts) or find a saving of 20pts (probably lose a few special weapons from inf squads) and go for 2 normal sentinals with flamers (80pts)?
    armored definately. harder to kill, more things that literally just can't touch it (have to be str 6 to scratch it in CC) so for a tarpit armored.... and you aren't going to be killing anything in CC with a sentinel or three anyway.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

What does the armored sentinel with a plasma cannon come in at? I don't have my book handy, but I imagine its close?

Quote Originally Posted by Brymm View Post
    What does the armored sentinel with a plasma cannon come in at? I don't have my book handy, but I imagine its close?
    75 One of my favorite units.

Chapter-Master

well if its 1 sqaud of 3 or 3 sqauds of 1 which is better?
    squads can be used for WOUND shenanigins from many units
    one can be used as a shield from 1 anti tank unit

also I assume that one would be useful as a support unit and good for taking lascannon potshots (or flamer attacks on infantry?)
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast