BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default So I'm empting boxes...

I'm moved a few times in my life. But I've allways been a gamer. For ... I guess 31 years...Gulp! Darn I'm old.

But I found a box of Rogue trader marines and a box of RT orks, still in shrink! I'd like to come up with some estimation of their value. Any Ideas?

Thanks guys.

Joe

Veteran-Sergeant

RTB01 still in the shrink could probably get you at least a couple of hundred dollars on ebay. That's really just a guess though. There are collectors out there who are willing to pay some serious cash for limited edition and OOP stuff. I sold a set of the Skullz promo Adeptus Mechanicus models for $500.00 last year...and I still have another set!

If I were you I'd call the Warhammer World museum in Nottingham as I don't even think they have a shrink wrapped box of RTB01s. So you might be able to sell them back to GW...which has a sense of poetic justice to it.

Dosadi
    "They created a desolation and they called it peace!" -- Tacitus

Quote Originally Posted by Dosadi View Post
    If I were you I'd call the Warhammer World museum in Nottingham as I don't even think they have a shrink wrapped box of RTB01s. So you might be able to sell them back to GW...which has a sense of poetic justice to it.
    Dosadi
    Selling GW their own Minatures back at a markup of several hundred percent? It warms my heart just thinking about it.

As has been said, you should get quite a bit out of them on eBay.

I do like the idea of contacting GW though... It would be interesting to see what they'd offer you...

Very cool. I love the old minis. They have certain charm to them I guess. Makes me wish I'd gotten into the hobby earlier in life instead of 4 years ago! haha

Let us know how that all turns out for you.
    letsagetabitarockin!

Battle-Brother

This almost makes me want to hoard a bunch of unopened boxes of current stuff. Maybe it will be worth something in 10 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    This almost makes me want to hoard a bunch of unopened boxes of current stuff. Maybe it will be worth something in 10 years?
    Hasn't worked for clanrats or the entire Dark Eldar line...
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Librarian

Default Poetic Justice

Quote Originally Posted by Eyespy View Post
    Selling GW their own Minatures back at a markup of several hundred percent? It warms my heart just thinking about it.
    Now if only we could figure out a way to loan money to a credit card company...

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkencorgimaster View Post
    Now if only we could figure out a way to loan money to a credit card company...
    But you can, buy stock in the company.

Warhammer world, huh. Any idea of how to contact them? I live relatively close to the battle bunker in Chicago do you think they might make me a good deal?

Joe