BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Dark Elf rumours (ETA late 2013)

Older rumours:
    Quote Originally Posted by eldargal
    I've heard from two sources within GW that they have seen work in progress CAD thingamies for Dark Elf plastics, of which Witch Elves were named specifically. Another kit was mentioned as being Black Guard or Executioners. There was also another plastic kit he didn't recognise and some plastic characters. I'm embarassed to admit I can't find the original email to check exactly what he said. I think there may have been some large plastic critter as well.

I've had this corroborated by another rumourmonger who said it fits in with what he heard of Dark Elves coming in 2013 and CAD images meaning they are usually 18-24 months or so away from production.

As always, until pictures are leaked or GW sends out an email treat it as rumour not fact.
    And newer rumours:

Oki-slash-doki, I have more Dark Elf rumours, from the same source as the first lot and also corroborated with a reliable rumourmonger:
    The rumours:
    -plastic monster, possibly a hydra, not certain its for DE specifically which isn't a problem with SoM scrolls of binding
    -plastic mounted character, possibly female
    -dual kit chariot (this was mentioned by others already)
    -plastic bolt thrower

Witch Elves, Black Guard and Executioners also all with extra coroboration. Late 2013 still the most likely slot for release.

Speculation and commentary:
    A plastic hydra would be nice, the way GW are doing plastic kits it could really be big and dynamic. But they just Finecasterisated the old hydra (and the bolt thrower) so I felt this seemed a little odd. If the plastic Karl Franz/Griffon rider kit pans out it would be interesting to see if that impacts this rumour, a possible Morathi/Hellebron/generic hero kit? Just speculation. The dual chariot kit has been wishlisted/rumoured before, so nothing too new with that.

For the record I consider myself a rumour dissemination facilitator, not a rumourmonger.

As usual, don't believe it until GW announces it.
    Last edited by eldargal; 02-04-2012 at 03:55 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Sounds cool. I'm surprised we got wind of stuff so far out, but it would be nice to see DE getting cool new stuff. They are on wish list on new armies, so this bodes well, especially with the updates for their woodland apparently having got lost in some Athel Loren time loop.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    For the record I consider myself a rumour dissemination facilitator, not a rumourmonger.
    The difference being?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

The main difference being I'm in no way comparing myself to Harry ot Hastings or any of the others. I just report rumours I hear and sometimes I hear things from someone within GW.

Expect High Elves before Wood Elves too by all accounts. I realise it mutb e frustrating for Wood Elf players but look on the bright side. Dark Eldar were terrible both in models and rules, and now look at them. GW might take their time with armies they aren't sure about, but they do a good job in the end.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Sergeant

I really hope they make the giant monster a Kraken/ sea beast.

Chapter-Master

The main difference being I'm in no way comparing myself to Harry ot Hastings or any of the others. I just report rumours I hear and sometimes I hear things from someone within GW.

Expect High Elves before Wood Elves too by all accounts. I realise it mutb e frustrating for Wood Elf players but look on the bright side. Dark Eldar were terrible both in models and rules, and now look at them. GW might take their time with armies they aren't sure about, but they do a good job in the end.
    I'm not expecting WE at all this edition. I don't see how you can make them work in the meta game without completely changing their style. They already have some awesome models which is good, just a shame you can't use half of them! I think I may have to switch to DE. At least I'm getting shiny new Empire stuff to keep me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCastigator View Post
    I really hope they make the giant monster a Kraken/ sea beast.
    That would be really nice and would mean there is actually a unit which has the sea creature rule.
    Last edited by Wildeybeast; 02-04-2012 at 11:41 AM.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

The big critter seems like it might be a hydra or a hydra/something dual kit. A nfty as a kraken would be, hard to sell in quantities to people without a beach or large water feature board. I mean you could have its fluff saying it leaves the water no problem, but going miles inland to fight a battle? Just a bit odd.

Veteran-Sergeant

The big critter seems like it might be a hydra or a hydra/something dual kit. A nfty as a kraken would be, hard to sell in quantities to people without a beach or large water feature board. I mean you could have its fluff saying it leaves the water no problem, but going miles inland to fight a battle? Just a bit odd.
    Hey, with the Watcher In The Water from LoTR getting an amphibious model, who knows what could happen? =P

Chapter-Master

Here's hoping it doesn't look anything like that abomination!

First-Captain

Im just pissed at armies getting 2 books b4 my brets even get one, heck even my HE are older than both the last vampire book and last DE book
    For the Greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Im just pissed at armies getting 2 books b4 my brets even get one, heck even my HE are older than both the last vampire book and last DE book
    Given that these rumors indicate DE in late 2013 (so almost 2 years from now), that gives plenty of time for other armiy books to be released. In fact, I'd wager at least 3 and more likely 4 before this book is rumored to release.

Best rumors indicate that Empire and Dwarves are likely to be redone soon(ish) and other rumors indicate that Bretonnians and Warriors of Chaos are also on the short list. Wood Elves as far as I can tell are just boned.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast