BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default IC Points - what percent of your army?

Hey chaps

I'd be interested to see if anyone thinks there is an optimum points balance or percentage for ICs. Ie do you stick to 10% so Abaddon doesn't see light until 2750? Can you see Calgar or Eldrad in a 1500 pointer?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Battle-Brother

I almost always field 2 HQ choices. I dont set a rule like 10%. If the army is designed around Abaddon then I take him no matter the point cost. That being said I dont find a Abadon force to be the most optimal one.

Banned

Every time I've faced eldar at 1500 they've had Eldrad.

I try not to spend more than around 150-200pts per IC for Marines, and usually only take one HQ. I prefer to field more troops.

I field what I need. I do avoid Special Characters (40k and WFB), never liked them.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Depending on the army and what the character does. For something like Imperial Guard I spend as little as possible on my IC's really. When I'm using my Blood Angels I'll spend 300pts on Dante and Corbulo just because of what they do for the guys around them. I'm not a fan of IC's like Abadon or Calgar because they may be killy guys but if I'm going to spend that many points then I want them to do something to boost the rest of my army. Lysander, Gazkull Thraka and Vulkan do a great job because they fulfill the killy and support roles which makes them IC's that are well worth the price tag IMO.
    letsagetabitarockin!

Chaplain

I generally spend about 100 to 150 points on an IC in a 1000 point list... in 1500 points and above, I plan my lists with at least 300 points earmarked for my HQs.

Chaplain

If I could it would be 0%.

Unfortunately the space marine codex has decided it will be 10-20% depending on my list size.

200 point leaders in 1000 point games suck.

www.evildice40k.com

Chapter-Master

In 1000pt games, I usually take a Brother captain with a psycannon (90~ points). When I hit 1500, I drop the psycannon and get a terminator retinue for him.

space marine hq's don't need to be expensive, just don't give them frills.

as i play daemons so its a mixed bag, heralds are nice and cheep 100 points nicely kitted out eg khorne herald on chariot with +1S but with greater daemons its 200-300 always, but who am to talk we get other people's hq choices as heavy support!

I'd just say go with what feels right to you try testing diferent options out until it feels right

Scout

My current list runs 2 HQ's at just over 300 points total for 1750 (including the point-for-point best SC in the game). I don't run a set percentage though, just whatever feels right for the list I am building. Often, I only use 1 HQ and use the extra points on more troops.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast