BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New WFB terrain piece

Utterly, utterly awful. I'm still hoping this is another hoax but apparently it isn't, people have seen the WD the scan comes from and have confirmed it.

I love the Witchfate tor, I love Skullvane Manse, I like the fulcrums and I adore the Garden of Morr. This, though, is just awful.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

personally i feel it is the paint scheme that lets this model down (that and the huge cheesey skeleton on top that seems to be signalling to aircraft). if you left off the skeleton and painted it in a darker and more moody atmosphere it might look like it belongs on a battlefield rather than in Ballamory.

You may be right, but it is just so frightfully unoriginal. Half the Skullvane Manse or less repackaged with a cauldron of blood and a skellington cheerleader. Maybe if they released it at the same time as the Manse, like the Witchfate Tor/Blight it wouldn't have been so bad. But it just feels like a dissapointing waste of a terrain release slot.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

i do think it might work mounted atop a Temple of Skulls (raising it slightly more and giving it a more imposing presence) and also in line with all WFB scenery of modern times it will also give it a collection of skulls so large that it would make a charnel house blush.

Too much reuse of existing designs. I thought it was a conversion at first. I'd like to see them push the scenery out a bit more.

This is not that bad I think Skullvane was silly and useless piece this is a lot of Witchfate reused but so is the dreadblight

Veteran-Sergeant

The skeleton looks like he is doing the dance for 'YMCA'... terrible.

Librarian

The only way i would buy this tower is; if the skeleton eyes had cannons, the spaces on top(rampart?) each had a cannon, the skeleton is replaced with a mortar, the door was open and had a cannon stick out of it, the window thingy with the 9 skulls had a cannon stick out of it instead of the skulls, and it had two dwarfs running in a circle on top happy as can be with a sparkler in one hand and a mug Bugmans brew in the other...
    Now that i would buy.
    Last edited by Mr.Pickelz; 01-26-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by alshrive View Post
    personally i feel it is the paint scheme that lets this model down (that and the huge cheesey skeleton on top that seems to be signalling to aircraft). if you left off the skeleton and painted it in a darker and more moody atmosphere it might look like it belongs on a battlefield rather than in Ballamory.
    ^this^

I like the concept of the model, but the skull pool in the middle seems silly - and the skelly signal is down right hilarious.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Chapter-Master

i may apply for a job as deging team leader for WHFB terrain:

sculptor: i made this:
    *shows model*
    sculptor: any improvments i could do?

ME (from 24 carat golden throne with a pimp my throrne sticker on it) NEEDSSSSSSSSMOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR SKULLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

(and possibly more skeletons waving orc symbols with human sized candles on its head?)
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast