BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default White Dwarf #356 no LOTR

Has anyone else noticed that in the most recent issue of WD (356) ther was absolutly no LOTR articals. I for one have never been a fan of LOTR and was kid of pleased not to see it in my WD. What are all your thoughts on the subject?
    There is no spoon

Veteran-Sergeant

Quite pleased, to be honest. I have disliked that game since it came out, and have yet to find a GW employee who actually cares for it as well.
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Battle-Brother

I've never seen it played. My FLGS has tons of it on the shelves. I Might by a few LOTR special character sets just to paint tho...

Scout

I would have to say Hallelujah.

Personally never played any versions nor interested too. I am sure some of the players on this side of the pond might be sad to miss out on their articles but i for one am not.

Chaplain

i am actually happy about this. i have never really liked LotR mainly because i saw it as a movie tie-in money grab. now WD has more room for 40k, WFB, & painting articles. the one thing i'm disappointed w/ in this WD is i really wanted a close up of that World Eaters champion with the flaming spear, b/c me likey!
    I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Veteran-Sergeant

I recall chatting with a buddy of mine who used to work at a GW store. One of the reasons he was let go was because he did not push LOTR enough. Sadly, the fact of the matter was that none of them pushed it all that much (he was singled out due to issues between him and management), because very few people showed interest in it. Even when there was ludicrously good deals on the product, it would still not move.

I think GW is simply trying to keep that horse alive, when it clearly has three broken legs and diabetes...
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Brother-Sergeant

Gotta say, I am in no way mad that GW showed no support to LOTRs in the most recent White Dwarf. In my opinion it shopuld be considered a Speciality Game. I also think that WD should report on one of the Speciality Games every month. For example one month it could be Space Hulk, the next BFG, the next LOTRs, and so on. It would make it easier to come up with unique and interesting articles for each game becuse they would have longer to think about and playtest each one. It would also the Specialty Games more unique and at the same time give some spotlighht time to games that currently get none such as BFG and Necromunda.
    "If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a night, but if you set a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    Gotta say, I am in no way mad that GW showed no support to LOTRs in the most recent White Dwarf. In my opinion it shopuld be considered a Speciality Game. I also think that WD should report on one of the Speciality Games every month. For example one month it could be Space Hulk, the next BFG, the next LOTRs, and so on. It would make it easier to come up with unique and interesting articles for each game becuse they would have longer to think about and playtest each one. It would also the Specialty Games more unique and at the same time give some spotlighht time to games that currently get none such as BFG and Necromunda.
    I agree, I think that this is a great Idea. I always thought of LOTR as a waste of 1/3 of the White Dwarf. Even though I don’t play Fantasy I always read or at least look through the fantasy articles. As for LOTR the only thing that I thought was good about it in WD was some decent scenery articles
    There is no spoon

Brother-Sergeant

I can say one thing only... Thank God. I despise the game, and I'm hoping GW will drop it soon to focus more on 40K, WHFB, and hopefully revamp some of the old games.

BTW, Court... Nice Charger. SRT?

I'm sad to see it go, I still think it is the best ruleset Gw have produced, if more people would actually give it a go rather than thinking "lotr urgh no way" then the only major problem with the system (lack of players) would be solved.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast