BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Legion of the Damned and Other Armies

I remember that when the new LoTD models came out that GW had made the statement that any codex could used them. Meaning that a Tau player could run them in his list or a BA player could do the same. I was wondering is this was still the case.

Veteran-Sergeant

Really dont know how to answer this, I would have to say no unless it states it in either codex u can and as far as i know it doesnt, you can always house rule it, but u would need a reason why LOTD would come down and help a Tau, Dark Elde, etc. sonce fluff wise they only come dow in great need for the Imperial soilders.

Veteran-Sergeant

Right I'm tracking the fluff stuff but I swear to God (or the Emperor) that I read about it on GW's website as an officially ruling. But I haven't seen it since the new models were released and I haven't thought about it until now. I was wondering if other people remember that as well but since you're the only person to have posted anything in regards to my question I'll just have to try another website.

Veteran-Sergeant

2nd Ed LotD could "come to the aid" of any imperial force, for about 2 months. After that they had their own army list, which was followed by 3rd Ed, 4th Ed, 5th, etc. So unless you are playing Apocalypse or a Codex Space Marine army, you will not be able to take LotD.

I still own my 2nd Ed LotD army, and play it either as Codex Marines or Space Wolves, so the desire takes me.

SJ

Chapter-Master

well when released there was WD article with their rules and a bit about them aiding armies....... if someone had that article on hand it could be interesting?
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Veteran-Sergeant

Thats what I was talking about. I also remember reading that online too. How cool would that be to see an Ork army with LoTD aiding them for the greater good or something. I'm going to have to go and look for that article.

Chaplain

I believe it's in White Dwarf #99. Maybe you can find a copy on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound2delta View Post
    How cool would that be to see an Ork army with LoTD aiding them for the greater good or something.
    Wow, that amount of blasphemy surely rates an Inquisitorial visit. Marines, helping Orks,.. for the greater good?

I can see it now:
    SOB-1: "Hey, Look the LOTD just showed up to help us out of an impossible situation!"
    SOB-2: "Didn't they help some Orks last month?"

SOB-1: "Why yes, yes they did."
    SOB-2: "And wasn't it because of something called the Greater Good?"

SOB-1: "Yes.."
    SOB-2: "Thought so. All Sisters, open fire... on those LOTD heretics."

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by clively View Post
    Wow, that amount of blasphemy surely rates an Inquisitorial visit. Marines, helping Orks,.. for the greater good?

I can see it now:
    SOB-1: "Hey, Look the LOTD just showed up to help us out of an impossible situation!"
    SOB-2: "Didn't they help some Orks last month?"

SOB-1: "Why yes, yes they did."
    SOB-2: "And wasn't it because of something called the Greater Good?"

SOB-1: "Yes.."
    SOB-2: "Thought so. All Sisters, open fire... on those LOTD heretics."

Hey, man. Marine forces used to be able to bring an Eldar Avatar into the fray.

www.GardenNinja.com

In WD 360 they discuss the LotD models and have a small article on them (even referencing the WD 99). Interestingly, they repost the codex Space Marines rues/entry for the LotD and state "any space marine force that uses the Codex: Space Marines army list can field..." (WD 360, page 41).

Why they chose to repost this entry when it's in the codex is beyond me (I must be missing something) but it looks pretty clear that they may only by in C:SM.