BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Pretty Sisters of Battle Blog

Hey there guys,
    Long time reader, first time poster!

Anyhu, back in 2010 I painted this Saint Celestine mini and I was really proud of it. NMM on a suit of armor is no easy task for someone who started that very same year. I spent ALOT of time not just painting her but researching and preparing to paint. Now, I like the mini so much that I've decided to base an army around her. I've got around 1500pts worth (if you're looking to get rid of your Sisters of Battle, I'll buy em up for ya)

For the purposes of this blog they will be called The Pretty Sisters, but in tournies they will be called The Order of the Pure Rose.

For those interested in fluff they are a rebellious sect of sisters from The Order of the Bloody Rose led by their Living Saint Katherine. On the purist to radical scale they are absolutely pure, believing that every innocent life is sacred and must be protected at all costs. However the Bloody Rose has a more utilitarian point of view (greater good etc).

So their symbol will be a white rose on a pink background. THATS RIGHT! Pink! My reasoning: The Bloody Roses are radicals = red, The Pure Roses are pure = white. Red + White = PINK!

Anyway, some pics of my test models are attached.

Thanks for reading!

[url=http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/314646-Final%20Scheme.html][/url]

[url=http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/314645-Seraphim%20Front.html][/url]

Personally, I think the pink/rose colored robes work very well against the ivory colored armour. kudos!

Do you have a picture of your Saint Celestine mini? I can see her in the background of a couple of pics but not seen her proper! I can kind of tell her robes are a bit darker, are you saving the deeper tones for character models? I think the pink works really well on ivory also, the only comment I would make is that they can look a bit bleached with all such light colours, so perhaps the pink could stand to be a bit darker, like Celestine's. But I think this is a great project Hope to see more!

these look great they are different but very fitting looking

Chaplain

Do you have any Sisters Repentia?
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Chapter-Master

Very unusual paint-scheme, but it works well - it's nice and refreshing to see sisters that arent the usual red/black colour - I actually think this kind of scheme looks better on them..
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Unusual color choices but they flow together well!

Perhaps a wasteland base to make them stand out a bit more, as the plain white doesnt work for me, and the green is to common (in my area any way). Keep up the good work.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by roncarlin2002 View Post
    Personally, I think the pink/rose colored robes work very well against the ivory colored armour. kudos!
    I agree completely. The only change/critque I would make would be: have more Sisters with black hair to give a nice contrast to the light colored armor and robes.

Librarian

That's actually quite a lovely little colour scheme. I normally can't stand pink, but that somehow kind of works and I'm not sure why.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast