BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default 6th ed- fact or fiction?

Ok, there is another thread that really discusses the 6th ed rules in depth. What I'd like to know is whether most of the forum thinks they're real now.

I think we've had a little time to cool down. What's everyone's opinion?

www.GardenNinja.com

Veteran-Sergeant

Default They are sorta real

I thought this had been covered. The most logical explanation is that they were a blue sky document by the writing staff, throwing ideas at the wall to see which ones stick. Some of it might make sixth edition, like the logical rules for vehicle firing. A lot won't, like the evasion rules. Will Apoc units be in regular 40K? No. Will the wound allocation rules be redone. Yes. But there is no way that is the actual complete ruleset. I knew that from the beginning.

BB

Chapter-Master

That explanation also came from a rumor source that's fairly reliable. It also explains the reactions of the other rumor guys to the document, with some people denying it and others backing it up. It isn't actually 6th ed, but it was a very early version so there is some carry over. We just don't know how much, so it's useless to really pay attention to the leak now.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Agreed. I think the length, and sheer depth/complexity of the document, combined with the professionalism of the layout (and the codex FAQ) suggested that it is authentic. Is it the final version of 6th ed? Almost certainly not. How much will "stay" into the final version? Impossible to say.

Some of the more "sensible" changes will probably remain intact. For instance, the rules defining the physical boundaries ("body") of a model as their legs, torso, arms, and head, for the purposes of determining Line of Sight will likely stay, unaltered. I see that as a very reasonable compromise between the simplicity of True Line of Sight and still allowing creative modelling without penalizing the players for doing so.

Chapter-Master

We've already run a vote (found [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=19380"]here[/URL]) and seems an overwhelming majority think its real (over 70%)

I reserve my opinion now, but hope its real. It seems like a brilliant system. And with the rest of this years rumours giving me no Eldar or Tau this year I need something to look forward to
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/