BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Librarian

This army is just loads of fun, and a unique take on an army variation that's already rare enough. Kudos, and thanks for showing them off! Your freehand is especially spectacular.

Chapter-Master

AAAAH!!!!! AAAAHHH!! my brains exploded.

FW shadow spectres I'm using as warp spiders in regular games, hence the creatures added to the base which don't really exist in the physical universe.

Fluff for these is that the world spirit if the exodite worlds is channelled most strongly in veins of crystal that they use for the creation of spirit stones. The spectres are the nominated guardians of the crystal lines equipped with ancient suits of armour that originally predated the fall.

Very pretty Spectres. I like the dragon wing tattoos by the way, I think it would be a shame to paint over them.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Wow! Really beautiful work.

Chaplain

I just cried from their beauty. It is amazing....

Falcon

The falcon is based on the FW Carmine dragon. I wanted to keep as close to the core model as possible without it looking out of place so I left off the main gun and transport platform. Instead there is just a seer summoning lightning (counts as pulse laser). Didn't fancy converting a metal model for this so used most of Eldrad as the only other finecast farseer available so far.

Other weapons are represented by dark reaper exarch (maugan ra conversion rebased) and a death jester. The only bit of the model I don't like is that they have identical poses which I didn't realise until after spraying.

The egg that is part of the base is painted up as a spirit stone instead, as this felt more eldar.

Really stunning.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Damn... I am getting frustrated when seeing such great work!
    Think my Biel-Tan Army is up for some new Make-Up so they are not too depressed when I compare them to your great looking models

Default Great idea

This is just a fantastic idea, dragons in 40k? Hells yeah!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast