BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldar Rumours

Default Eldar Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by RandomThoughts
    I've been desperate for news on the Eldar front for a while now, and Ghost just posted the following deep into the Tau rumor thread. Not all Eldar players will find it there, so I'm making a new thread:

Quote Originally Posted by RandomThoughts
    Eldar Storm Guardians come in boxes of 8 with a min of 10...
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost21
    expect it to change(unit size); 8 to a squad min
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Update from Ghost:

Quote Originally Posted by ghost21
    plastic vampyre,
    solitare,
    dragon riders,
    possibly exodite character
    and 2 additional aspect warrior type
    s
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost21 View Post
    i know its a flyer and a cobra is more tank like , the name that it had in brackets was vampyre

n yeah last rumour guys..
    So, a plastic Vampire, that is huge. It may not be a Vampire Hunter/Raider but a new pattern Vampire flyer, that would make more sense given we were told there would be no more plasticising of FW kits.

Solitaire would be great, obviously. This was speculated on when the Solitaire mysteriously dissapeared from IA11.

Exodite Dragon Riders will be very interesting, I'd expect cold one type of lizard rather than WFB style dragons in case anyone gets too excited. An Exodite characater makes sense given their rumoured inclusion and god knows Eldar need more SCs (says the girl who never even uses them).

The real highlight as far as I'm concerned, two new Aspects. This is a very welcome addition, we know htere are inumerable Aspects it always seemed silly that we had the same ones in 2006 that we had in 1994.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

yeah, i cannot wait for them to come out for my brother's sake, i know he wants to play them super bad.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Chapter-Master

As much as i'm looking forward to new Eldar PLEASE let them be released after September next year or theres no way in hell i'll be able to afford the £200 minimum i'd spend on launch

What other aspects could there be? We've got shooting, heavy shooting, fast attack harrying, anti armour shooting, anti power armour CC, anti horde CC, jumppacks and jetbikes. The only one i could think of would be a sniper/stealth one, but that treads on the toes of scorpions and pathfinders.
    Last edited by DrLove42; 12-06-2011 at 02:45 AM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I always thought that the Eldar, having numerous Aspects, would have some sort of true Assassin - type Aspect. Striking Scorpions are all well and good, but I just think that some kind of super Elite unit that is allowed to split into individuals would be ace. They'd have suitable assassin abilities, enhanced stealth and bonuses for hugging scenery. They would have equipment to allow them a swift escape from retribution, ridiculous speed and Initiative, but be very fragile. Even specific temples of assassins like the Imperials wouldn't be out of the question - why only the Imperials? Although we do have Deathmarks for Necrons now I suppose.

Librarian

Solitaire? *head explosion*

Exodites deserve their own codex, but I'll be happy with them at least having rules... for now.

Chapter-Master

If they make the FW vampire model a plastic kit, I'll be simultaneously impressed and infuriated at the same time.

The model is seriously huge. (Thats a "new" farseer sitting on the tail)

I'd much rather see a Phoenix or Nightwing that could be used in regular games.

This sounds good- Eldar players have been basically playing with the same army since 2nd edition; its about time new life was breathed into the army. It seems that they get few new units and models but just updated rules with every release.

Here's hoping that they get a nice new slew of units and good rules!

Also- I dont think Exodites deserve their own codex. A lot of fluff mentions how Craftworlders go to assist them against invasion; which makes sense for including them in the Eldar codex. I couldnt really see much use in giving them a stand alone- GW already let that cat out of the bag with SMs and they are having trouble keeping those armies up to date and interesting.
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Unzuul the Lascivious View Post
    I know this sounds ridiculous, but I always thought that the Eldar, having numerous Aspects, would have some sort of true Assassin - type Aspect. Striking Scorpions are all well and good, but I just think that some kind of super Elite unit that is allowed to split into individuals would be ace. They'd have suitable assassin abilities, enhanced stealth and bonuses for hugging scenery. They would have equipment to allow them a swift escape from retribution, ridiculous speed and Initiative, but be very fragile. Even specific temples of assassins like the Imperials wouldn't be out of the question - why only the Imperials? Although we do have Deathmarks for Necrons now I suppose.
    They have those in their fluff already. They're called Harlequins.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast