BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Targeting Priority in 6th Ed?

Was just reading Imperial Armor Apocalypse 2nd Ed (the one with the Contemptor Class Dreds), and on p. 67 it lists an Eldar Apoc Formation called "Guardian Serpent Rider Host" -- and notes that one of the unit benefits is called Shadowfire.

While the formation command vehicle remains mobile, the entire formation benefits from the Night Vision/Acute Senses rule and may reroll failed Target Priority tests.

So first, I'd note that it says Night vision checks, not Night Fighting.

And second, does this portend Target Priority Tests coming back a la 4th ed?

First-Captain

if target priority comes back thats nerfing shooting farrr too much considering it got nerfed with run.

Meaning whoever does tau needs to do a bloody good job
    For the Greater good.

Chapter-Master

Night Vision and Night Fighting were fairly interchangable in 4th Ed. I think this is just a typo that got copy/pasted from the main Apocolypse book when FW were writing this datasheet.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Given how tight lipped GW are with information these days and the increased separation for FW to do their own thing, I'd be surprised if FW know about the 6ed rule changes.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    Given how tight lipped GW are with information these days and the increased separation for FW to do their own thing, I'd be surprised if FW know about the 6ed rule changes.
    Yeh but FW know about current rules which don't include TarPrio checks
    For the Greater good.

Maybe they put that in there in case targeting priority comes back in 6th edition. Plus there could still be people out there playing 4th edition in which case the rule is still being used.

First-Captain

yes lets give a unit a special rule which they points for just in case or they play 4th, its either coming back in 6th or in some way.
    For the Greater good.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    Night Vision and Night Fighting were fairly interchangable in 4th Ed.
    Same thing with Furious Charge/Furious Assault.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Targeting priority may be making a return. ::looks at 3000 pts plus of Tau, then follows the appended instructions::

Instructions for the preparation, deployment, and utilization of an Air Force Stress Emergency Reduction Kit: Obtain a blank piece of 8.5 x 11 inch paper; white is preferred but any color may be utilized. Draw a six inch wide circle centered on this piece of paper, then a four inch wide circle centered within the six inch circle, then a two inch circle centered within the four inch circle. Color in the area between the six inch circle and the four inch circle, then color in the two inch circle, utilizing a color other than that of the piece of paper being employed; a highly contrasting color is recommended. This document hereafter will be referred to as the Air Force Stress Emergency Reduction Kit, or AFSERK. After ensuring that your deployment zone does not impinge upon any high traffic areas, place AFSERK on a structurally solid object such as a concrete wall or steel desk. Apply forehead vigorously to AFSERK until stress is relieved or unconciousness ensues. Repeat as necessary.

::breaks desk::
    Last edited by LordGrise; 12-11-2011 at 01:42 AM.

Chapter-Master

Its liekly to just be a misprint

Howevr I like the Target Priority. It makes sense to me. A lowly footsoldier isn't going to choose to shoot the squad miles awya who aren't bothering him when there something massive running at him waving his arms.

Is a conscript going to choose to shoot the horde of gaunts miles away from him, or the Trygon that just burst out of the ground 3 feet in front of him?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast