BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Necron Laser-Made Terrain, Tokens and Night/Death Scythe

Hi Everyone,

Pete B from [URL="http://www.silvercompassdesigns.com"]Silver Compass Designs [/URL] here. I've been drooling over the Necron Codex for almost a week now (I got it early from my FLGS) and have made some fun items on SCD's laser engraving/cutting systems.

First off, a sneak peek (taken with a phone cam) of our upcoming Necron compatible gaming Tokens. These are tokens for the majority for the Necron-specific markers (we have tokens for the character-specific abilities as well). This set here includes 4-piece spinners for Reanimation Protocols and keeping track of Armor Deterioration after vehicles get nibbled on by Scarabs. As with all our tokens, they will come finely engraved with one color (black in this case) with the engraved details unpainted so you easily paint the details to match your tabletop army.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	necrontokens1.jpg 
Views:	530 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	1470

Next, a WIP of my first shot at a Night Scythe (these probably won't be sold commercially, I just wanted to give it a shot to boost my Necron Army =cP ). Just the basic shape right now. I'm working out how to make the surface curved like in the pic, but right now it's just made from layers of laser-cut tempered hardboard (with plasticard panel detailing). My next Scythe needs to be hollow, the core of this piece is solid hardboard and it's pretty heavy. Notice that the middle "layer" has some pod-like protrusions along the edge like shown in the Night Scythe illustration. I'll be adding the twin tesla destructor from the Annihilation/Command barge kit to the bottom. No idea (so far…) how I'll do the cockpit.

Name:	nightsythe 001.jpg 
Views:	500 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	1469

Name:	nightsythe 002.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	1474
    Last edited by Alessander; 11-09-2011 at 06:07 AM.

Battle-Brother

Default obelisk

Here's pics of a test piece of Necron-themed Scenery, a giant Obelisk. The top piece slides right off and can be used as a separate smaller terrain piece in it's own right. We love the detail with the scratch-made necron runes along the side.

Name:	Necron Obelisk 06.JPG 
Views:	976 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	1480

Name:	Necron Obelisk 02.JPG 
Views:	738 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	1476

Name:	Necron Obelisk 03.JPG 
Views:	300 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	1477

Name:	Necron Obelisk 04.JPG 
Views:	502 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	1478

Name:	Necron Obelisk 05.JPG 
Views:	351 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	1479

We sold this test piece on eBay a few weeks ago and should start production of a flat-pack kit soon.

[url]www.silvercompassdesigns.com[/url] for precision lasered gaming gear
    Last edited by Alessander; 11-09-2011 at 06:11 AM.

Battle-Brother

One more pic showing detail of the engraved runes on the edge of the Obelisk.

Name:	Necron Obelisk 07.JPG 
Views:	282 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	1482
    -Pete B. Owner, Silver Compass Designs
    www.SilverCompassDesigns.com - your source for precision lasered gaming gear.

Chapter-Master

Don't think much of the tokens or flier (sorry).

But the obliesk is really nice!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

The tokens are kinda neat, better-looking than just pennies or whatever.

That Obelisk looks pretty fantastic.

I like the upper surface of the flier, but the gap in between the two wing sections looks really awkward at this point. Presumably it's still unfinished, though, so interested to see where you go with it from here.

Veteran-Sergeant

So, neat toys at what looks like reasonable prices, but there's no way to navigate your products. It looks like you sell more terrain than just the 'Harmony Gate', but there's no way to FIND it. :/

Battle-Brother

Love the terrain.

And the flyer is a great start!

If you get the design down I would love the plans so I could scratch build one.

If you do end up selling Night Scythes at a decent price, I'll take 7 please.

First-Captain

:P dark only time ill start a necron army is once i Hve the materials to scratch build the night fliers and 3 heavy support fliers i want, SAS ncerons
    For the Greater good.

Battle-Brother

Hmm, looks like the eBay app is not working on my site...

ebay.com/sch/silvercompassdesigns/m.html

I've had enough sales inquiry emails since posting the ship that I guess I will be mass producing + selling it once the design is done (I guess by early Dec). The cockpit will be placed between the wing sections, thus the blank space in the center of the crescent.
    -Pete B. Owner, Silver Compass Designs
    www.SilverCompassDesigns.com - your source for precision lasered gaming gear.