BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Arrow Chaos Lord or Sorceror?

I am going to a GT next month and have finalized my Plague Marine/Chaos Marine list... well all but one point. I can not decide weather to take a Choas Lord or a Sorceror. Which would you guys take (and why)?

If it helps here is the list that will be fielded with him. I have about 155pts to spend.

HQs:
    Daemon Prince - MON, Wings, Warptime
    Greater Daemon (doesn't take up a HQ slot, so I can have 3 HQs)

Elites:
    6 Chosen - 2 Melta, 2 Flamers, Champion
    Dreadnought - Twin Las, Missile Launcher

Troops:
    7 Plague Marines - Champion, Powerfist, Rhino, Icon
    7 Plague Marines - Champion, Powerfist, Rhino, Icon
    10 Undivided Marines - Champion, Powerweapon, Las, Flamer, Rhino, Icon
    10 Lesser Daemons

Heavys:
    Defiler - Close Combat Arm
    Vindicator - Daemonic Possesion

*It should be noted that I am taking certain units becuase the GT takes Army Comp into account. I usually run 2 Defilers and no Dreadnought, I also liek using a second Daemon Prince (either of Nurgle or Slannesh). I am also not oppose to dropping 3 Lesser Daemons to get more points if need be, but 155pts should be enough.
    "If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a night, but if you set a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Chapter-Master

How many points total is this army?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Brother-Captain

That Dread is going to ruin you :P

Chosen need a Rhino, PMs need meltas, and an auto/las Predator would serve you better than the Dreadnought (he won't shoot you!)

A sorc is a better pick than a lord generally, but I'd fix up the list itself before worrying about a 3rd HQ.

I agree with what chumbalaya has to say although the chosen could outflank so they dont necessarily need a rhino. Outflanking a squad of meltas could make for an unpleasant surprise. If it were me I'd say 'eff comp. Its not worth handicapping yourself

Good luck to you tho!
    letsagetabitarockin!

Yeah, comp only really matters if you win more than you lose. If you need the dread at least keep it cheap and take the multi-melta. Then it will probably only melt one of your marines when it FFs.

Brother-Sergeant

I think I am going to forgo army comp and take my normal twin defilers. I also think I am going to end up with the Sorceror with the Wind of Choas power.

Oh and I don't give the Chosen a Rhino cause I use them to outflank trhen I hope to make the champion into the greater daemon. If not hes gotta foot slog, which isnt a huge deal but i perfer the good old fasion deamon bomb.
    "If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a night, but if you set a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    I think I am going to forgo army comp and take my normal twin defilers. I also think I am going to end up with the Sorceror with the Wind of Choas power.

Oh and I don't give the Chosen a Rhino cause I use them to outflank trhen I hope to make the champion into the greater daemon. If not hes gotta foot slog, which isnt a huge deal but i perfer the good old fasion deamon bomb.
    Good man! I'm going to a tourny with a comp score in about a month and I'm kinda disregarding it and going melta vet spam and 11 tanks.

Anyway I'd maybe say take all meltas for the chosen then? I'm not a big fan of multitasking units since they dont seem to end up being all that good at anything but then again 2 meltas and 2 flamers is pretty effective at both tank hunting and horde scorching...

Haveing the Greater Demon come out of their champ is a nasty idea but its depending on the dice gods to be pretty kind to you.

I'm curious about the undivided las/flamer squad with the rhino? Why the flamer or rhino if they are sitting back? Or why the las cannon if they are driving forward? If they are ment to sit on an objective I'd maybe forgo the rhino and add a plasma gun for better range. Or if they are blazing forward in the rhino I'd go with a pair of special weps.
    letsagetabitarockin!

Chaplain

I'm looking to make a Emperors Children army in the new year, I used a chaos lord before and they aren't that impressive, I would rather take a daemon prince. As I use two princes already in my Iron Warrior army I want something different, so I've looked at sorcerers and they look ok.

As the greater daemons, I would like one, but you loose a champion so your paying 15 points to loose a model and gain another, which already has a cost.

btw - how you finding lesser daemons? I had them before, can be a road hump only I found.
    www.imperiusdominatus.com - warhammer 40,000 tactica and hobby blog

Brother-Captain

I don't like walking meltas all that much and you really aren't guaranteed to have them come in in time for the GD to pop up.

I say screw comp too

Battle-Brother

Chaos Sorcerors can be pretty amazing with the addition of their "god mount." Discs for Tzeentch, seekers for slaanesh add an extra attack and increase movement. Tzeentch on a disc with warptime is a surprisingly nasty little guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast