BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mantic Games

Brother-Captain

I've started building my Mantic Elf army, that first and major thing I noticed is how very FEW mould lines there are on there kits, far less then most any GW kit I have assembled. The models are also surprisingly active & detailed for their first kit.

I plan on picking up some of the corporation models as stormtroopers for my IG, it seems like mantic models are also improving with every new release.

Twilight kin - naah - never cared for the bad guys.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Battle-Brother

in my opinions the hiighlights of the whole Mantic Line are their Zombies and Gouhls.ok, there are only a few different torsos but you can make million different positions, especially when you combine those 2 kits. Very dynamic poses. The Gouhls have the looks of those creatures from the movie 'i am legend' and the Zombies just look how Zombies have to look like.
    and what i like about Mantic are their plastic boxes, which you can use as transport boxes too.

Well, Mantic manages to shoot themselves in the foot with Elves again, in my opinion.

Twilight Assassin:

-flat face
    -receding hairline
    -weird left arm
    -silly girl is wearing her bra over her clothes
    -legs too far apart

+nice, broad thighs.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Lol. Her face looks like she has run into a wall. And what is going on with that arm. It looks like they have just taken a model firing a bow and given it different weapons.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

That looks very.... uncomfortable... in pretty much every aspect.

She looks like she broke her nose and I can't tell if she is going to punch something with her fist or stab it. Why is she wearing a body suit with her undies on the outside?
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Battle-Brother

Mantics highlights so far are their gouhls and zombies, those really are excellent. Dont really like the rest.
    and since i got the rulebook here (havent really read it yet), there are also Kingdoms of Men and Goblins as armies listed.

Mantic Gouls and Zombies look better than GW versions.
    Twilight Assassin look ok exept her face.

Battle-Brother

they just announced plastic goblins, i like the look of them

[URL="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/kings-of-war"]Mantic recently had a Kickstarter[/URL] which earned them 350k, I only found out about it late and forgot to post it here. The have a lot of concept art for the new human faction, some of which looks rather good. If they can translate it into nice models ('bout a one in five chance going by their previous efforts) I'll be very happy.

Werewolf

Vampiress

Celestian Battle Nun Zealotte

Celestian Paladin
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I agree, some very interesting concept art there, could make some really good minis from that lot.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast