Ok, so I need some input from the general populous here...I have notoriously bad luck with the dice...my Space Marines fail 2/3 of their armor saves, my Necrons get back up with a "we'll be back" roll about 1/5 of the time...after failing 2/3 of the armor saves...I am an average/above average tactician...been playing the game plenty long to understand what works, but with the dice stacked against me no one would ever know it.

Can the influence of the dice on the game be minimized? Is it possible to build an army that takes the luck out of the game? Is there a list that can reward good play while minimizing the punishment for having abysmal luck with the dice?

Please don't try to turn this into an argument about whether or not luck exists, as I have had that discussion with 100s of players...until they play me...then they apologize for my dice, shake my hand and join the rather large group of people who say "You won't believe it!" to the next guy who wants to debate the existence of luck.

In any case, I am very curious about suggested builds or army tactics...