BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    [URL="http://collegiatitanica.blogspot.com/2011/10/games-day-australia-2011.html"]Here is my write up, with some pictures.[/URL]
    Great write up and nice pictures, interesting Dark Angels got a mention, hopeful that's something promising for them . Thanks for sharing.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Librarian

Really good article/overview - thanks for bringing so much info back with you!

First-Captain

Really nice, seems australia get the good Gamesday with it being on a saturday, why not saturday in UK is beyond me
    For the Greater good.

Chaplain

Love how they refer to the SoB WD codex as a stop gap, guess that means we need to wait something like another year or three before they get around to us again over more money selling armies.

That's funny they think its awesome, guess they don't read these forums then.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Really nice, seems australia get the good Gamesday with it being on a saturday, why not saturday in UK is beyond me
    Hmm, I'm going to be honest with you, they picked a bad weekend to do Gamesday, Saturday or Sunday you have a grand final (AFL then League) and there was a world cup game, next Saturday/Sunday would have been better.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    Hmm, I'm going to be honest with you, they picked a bad weekend to do Gamesday, Saturday or Sunday you have a grand final (AFL then League) and there was a world cup game, next Saturday/Sunday would have been better.
    I imagine very few people who went to Gamesday care about either of those events. Hell, I go for Collingwood and I didn't even care about the Grand Final.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

To be fair Gir its also.....

A long weekend
    the rugby world cup in NZ
    the spring races are back at Randwick

basically I was going......and then I got roped into into a weekend of debauchery and cash loss....

PS:

GO THE SEA EAGLES!!

By all accounts it was a huge success so the other activities can't have hurt it too much.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    By all accounts it was a huge success so the other activities can't have hurt it too much.
    Oh of course not, I fully intend to go next year and I'll be entering armies on parade too boot

edit: they probably lost about a quarter of people to the various other activities at most
    Last edited by daboarder; 10-02-2011 at 04:57 AM.

Thanks for the write-up. I definitely plan on going next year, looks like a great excuse to go to Sydney.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast