BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 136 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1415
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Ooh missed this. I agree with Deconnick on this, I wanted a taller, older actress too but now the decision is made I'm going to support Brie Larsen and the film as much as I possibly can because there are plenty of creeps out there who want it to fail. If the script is solid and her performance is good there is no reason why she couldn't be Captain Marvel for the next decade or more.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the chances of Poison Ivy getting a solo title post Rebirth is dependent on sales of her trade paperback currently available for pre-order, so if you have any interest in the character and want to check out her current mini-series, do consider buying it. It's called Poison Ivy Cycle Of Life And Death and its code thingy is JUN160347
    How old is Captain Marvel in the comics?

I litterally just pre-ordered the poison ivy one this second. She is by far my fave Gotham girl (a redhead with killer plants is kind of an unbeatable combo imo)
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

They don't really say, so they can keep her age more or less constant indefinitely heh, but to be an actual colonel she would need to be at least 40 because you need to have 22 years experience in the military to qualify. Even allowing for some shenanigans due to her super powers everyone agrees she is mid 30s at least.

I haven't got around to reading it yet, but my BFF and lots of other people say it is excellent, and the single issues are in my to read pile. I ordered the trade on principle heh.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

They don't really say, so they can keep her age more or less constant indefinitely heh, but to be an actual colonel she would need to be at least 40 because you need to have 22 years experience in the military to qualify. Even allowing for some shenanigans due to her super powers everyone agrees she is mid 30s at least.

I haven't got around to reading it yet, but my BFF and lots of other people say it is excellent, and the single issues are in my to read pile. I ordered the trade on principle heh.
    ah I see, so thats why people had an issue with her age then. I guess that makes sense.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Yup. Personally I think of her, based on how she acts and looks, as somewhere between 35-38 but I could push it to 40 easily enough. If the film i taking a more origins approach, depicting her during or shortly after her empowerment it makes sense for her to be younger, to be fair.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

[URL="http://comicsalliance.com/roxane-gay-world-of-wakanda/"]Marvel hires its first black woman creator for a Black Panther spin-off starring a lesbian vigilante couple.[/URL]

This is a start, Marvel.
    Ah... I'd seen a note about that series and I thought it sounded like the couple running around in Black Panther, but it's nice to see confirmation. They seemed like they could be an interesting story on their own, nice to see them breaking off from Black Panther to have their own series.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. Personally I think of her, based on how she acts and looks, as somewhere between 35-38 but I could push it to 40 easily enough. If the film i taking a more origins approach, depicting her during or shortly after her empowerment it makes sense for her to be younger, to be fair.
    I always get the feeling she's mid-to-late 30s, but could be 40s... I mean, heck, Peter Parker's clearly in his 40s and he still looks like early 20s a lot of the time.

My only issue with Larson is the hair... It's not really an "issue," either. But if the hair is longer, that's got to be an "origin story" or something earlier. I'd prefer seeing something with her current look and style, just to tie into the comics more (and maybe bolster their sales). I'm sure they can make Larson look like Carol Danvers otherwise.

Fun side note: This means we now have Lucas Lee and Envy Adams as Captains America and Marvel.

Amusing note on Captain Marvel: She has her own comic series, she's the leader of the Ultimates (which is another series, and, combined with Alpha Flight, puts her in charge of two official teams of heroes), and she's sort of the default leader of A-Force (well, actually, my vote is that Singularity is really pulling the strings, but she's so adowable that no one notices), so Captain Marvel is central to three of Marvel's ongoing comics series. Darned right she deserves her own movie by now.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Banned

If anyone needed proof Suicide Squad was made by two eighth grade boys stacked in a trenchcoat.

-

I feel like every time I start feeling like this would be worth watching the production team says some sh!t like this and I just honestly….

From iconic, much loved character, to some tossers five-tissue-fantasy.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'm still hoping the production team are just trolling, like apparently a heap of the crap Leto was supposedly doing on set wasn't true. Preview screenings for Suicide Squad have had very positive reviews too apparently.

Still looking like a massive bag of elephant wank to me.

They resorted to using Ballroom Blitz in a trailed. Ballroom Blitz. A fine song, but one that when it comes to movies, I now associate with 'oh hey wow! Aren't we nutty! Looks, it's all zany'

This is how I see Leto's Joker....

Last edited by Mr Mystery; 07-31-2016 at 09:00 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    They resorted to using Ballroom Blitz in a trailed. Ballroom Blitz. A fine song, but one that when it comes to movies, I now associate with 'oh hey wow! Aren't we nutty! Looks, it's all zany'
    Could still be accurate. I remember Kung Fu Hustle having a Ballroom Blitz trailer, a movie that's both brilliant and completely nuts.