BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Painted Elspeth von Draken

Just noticed this on the FW Facebook page:

By Roy Kinsley, I believe. Posted by him at any rate.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Sergeant

Dislike hair net.

Very nice.

Though maybe someone with some sculpting prowess will give her some hair

Veteran-Sergeant

I think that is a brilliant model. I feel like she has a real Chaos-esque Joan of Arc feel to her. I do feel as though she is too "neat" for the chaos. Although the hairnet does signify that she is still in complete control of her own "humanity" or rather she hasn't completely subcumbed to the fury of the blood god. I would like to see that aspect of her be abit more free such as the witch elves hair but definitely an outstanding job!

The fact that he (being Roy correct?) was able to make her ride the dragon side-saddle is simply outstanding and definitely needs to be noted. I almost wish he would've used something other than the scythe though; it just seems abit out of place compared to something like a whip or cat-o-nine tails.

Still a phenom job, thanks for postin' this EG!

-DBH
    -insert epic signature-

Oh, the model rides side saddle, it isn't a conversion. Also she is Nuln Empire, not Chaos.
    [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/ELSPETH-VON-DRAKEN-ON-CARMINE-DRAGON.html[/url]
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

The scythe is a traditional symbol of Amethyst Wizards. It's just that this paint job doesn't really go in the direction one would expect color-selection-wise for the background story.

Veteran-Sergeant

Pardon my ignorance. n00bz in da thread xD! Color scheme screams chaos though. /shrug.

Thanks for clarifying for me xD
    -DBH
    -insert epic signature-

Well the colour scheme isn't right it has to be said, not for her as an amethyst wizard. Carmine dragons on the other hand ought to be carmine coloured (rich crimson) so the dragon is ok.

Veteran-Sergeant

It's a great paint job, but there is too much red I would say, the model would really have benefited from her being a different colour of there being more contrast between the belly and the red, just to break up the red of the dragon. Otherwise, a very nice paint job for a very nice model, still not the biggest fan of GW/Forgeworld dragons but none the less I am impressed.
    Last edited by Slug; 09-28-2011 at 12:39 AM.

The hair net makes sense to me. If I were a long haired woman going into battle I would have everything I could find holding that in place. Besides the "argh it's in my eye" factor, enemies could drag you about by it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast