BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Did anyone get the pictures of the necrons ? aparently they were on show for like an hour ,but we wernt told till the trip home.
    This was posted on warseer, don't suppose anyone can just prove this false haha :P

Seriously though, could this have even the slightest shred of credibility?

Managed to get my pictures from Forge World up.

Other than FW I saw nothing new anywhere. Frankly without FW I would never think of going.

Link to pictures: [URL="http://recalcitrantdaze.blogspot.com/2011/09/games-day-uk-2011-part-1.html"]PICTURES[/URL]

Jokaero on Warseer sends a slight correction to the Tantalus:
    correct DrLove for me that it IS D6 S7 AP2 against anything with a toughness and 1 S7 2D6 pen against vehicles
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Grovel View Post
    Does anyone else think that the Storm Guardians look far too muscular??
    I'm not digging that either... I like my Eldar graceful and lithe, not looking like someone on Jersey Shore.

Brother-Sergeant

I photo I took at Games Day UK.

They look like possible Dark Eldar prototypes.

In addition I did take a glimpse at the Imperial Armour 11 and noticed the rules for a Mymeara Farseer that allows you to use additional Heavy support choice.

Also the squad size of Shadow Spectre squad had been increased to 6. No longer will you have to discard that loose squad member if you buy an Exarch! Also, Shadow Spectres I believe are now a fast attack choice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0027.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	1368  

Brother-Sergeant

I also saw the rules for the Eldar Phoenix Lord, it seemed to be a she and carries a S7 ranged weapon called the Spear of Sunlight I believe. She had an extensive background that looked like a very interesting read.
    Last edited by Ulthwé Guardian; 09-25-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Iron Father

Well just got home after a long day at the event.

In a nutshell it was disappointing for me, I did not see anything I had not seen before model wise. The lack of Necron news was quite sad but playing an intro game of Dread fleet hosted by Phil Kelly was awesome. The Armies on Parade also were a high point too. Lots of modellers seem to have taken to using christmas lights on their boards for effects etc was quite funny.

The real low point was access or lack of to the sales stands. It was a long queue (hour and a half for me) to just get into the sales area. Whilst waiting in line the constant badgering of GW staff telling me to come back later was very annoying. However got my Toad Dragon and Tamurkhan book which was nice, also refused to give back the red shopping bag they issued as you entered the purchasing area. I spent £200 in total the bag is mine lol. The free water they handed out whilst waiting in line was a nice touch though. The sales closed early too at 3pm.

My last Games day was 2008, a much bigger event and as far as sales went far better organised and that year was obviously the year of the space marine, a good year with advance purchases.

However this was not just a shopping trip, I saw some amazing game boards and obviously its a good year for WFB. Some amazing games table set ups and all the design team, heavy metal guys etc were all super friendly.

As I said Dread Fleet was lots of fun and I cant wait to get my copy, however some pillock coming over to berate Mr Kelly about some of his pricing of units in one of his codex was not great.

The lack of new models that I had not seen before and lack of Necron news was a let down for me, but I guess if there had been it may have overshadowed Dread fleet.

Sorry no photos as I forget to charge my camera but then I was up at 5am.

Will I go next year ?, I doubt it. On the drive home with friends we have decided that a trip up to Warhammer World with an overnight stop and a proper beer session in bugmans might be more up our street.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

EDIT ;

I HAVE PICS OF THE CHAOS CONteMPTOR AND THE IA11 BOARD ill post them soon

ohhhh i was talking to will haynes as he was packing up and he showed off a turret for the scorpian that should have 3 night spinners on it! sadly he said the boss didnt like it!

only bolsers i saw was sotonshades (were you the guy with halbard/plasmagun or the terminator) and i think i spotted goatboy

we need hats :L

-fuzz

p.s. FW was the best bit there
    Last edited by fuzzbuket; 09-25-2011 at 03:19 PM.
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

To Eldargirl and anyone else (including myself) that was hoping the eldar warlock sculpt, eldar storm guardians, imperial guard sculpts and empire engineers with rifles were new sculpts or possible future productions, i spoke at length with a guy who had worked on both the high elf, warlock and storm guardian and they were training/testing pieces.

He was also working on a very nice example of the autarch on the front of the eldar codex.

I did say, you should release these or you know just give me one

Either way was a really nice chap, just working on some cool eldar stuff. I hope he gets the chance to do some of any new eldar stuff in the future. The Muscle bound storm guardian was a work in progress and was in scale with current eldar stuff, i think pictures from the front angle make it appear more butch.

Veteran-Sergeant

Having had a chat to a few FW designers and gone to a couple of design seminars, I asked many questions, and the following is what I remember:

GW are ok with the FW team doing a proper Pre-Heresy set of books, and apparently the more positive feedback given about the current armours and dreadnoughts, the more likely this would come out sooner rather than later.

It was spoken of by the FW guys as more of a foregone conclusion than an uncertainty. I figure they know what a huge seller it would be..

Primarchs were mentioned (and brought up by the designers, not me..), but not necessarily to be modeled, more likely books would deal with Astartes and the varied Crusade Fleets.

FW will end up making more Pre-Heresy items, including more vehicles & Terminator Armours.
    Custodes and jetbikes not mentioned, but I'd assume it wouldn't be much of a stretch..

As much as they intend to get it all out, apparently their schedule is very fluid, and even on current projects there is a great amount of flexibility and change between sculpts and tasks.
    Lots of different design team members have worked on different versions of the Contemptor since the "blank" sculpt, so I was told.

I also asked whether they would be doing any whole FW armies for 40k, in the way that Warhammer Forge now has the Chaos Dwarfs.

As the rumour mill has occasionally bubbled up, Adeptus Mechanicus, I queried? Both designers present raised an eyebrow and grinned, and said it is certainly a point of interest in the studio..
    Again, they said such a thing would arrive at a free point in their schedule, and that it remains quite full at the moment.

The good thing I suppose is that they are interested, and would like to create full 40k supplementary armies along those ideas. I dare say they seem very committed to making more stuff on a regular basis.

To satisfy my own personal interests I asked if there would be anything more for Iron Hands players..
    My answer? Same as everything else, in time! Apparently they'd be a big choice for Pre-Heresy stuff, and they'd look at doing Iron Hands dreadnoughts, including a Contemptor.
    They'd likely get the shoulderpads and other parts, like bionics.

The way to get what you want? Email, drop suggestions on Facebook, the usual kinda ways. They look interested in taking suggestions, apparently some of their big things have come from single sentences and off-the-cuff ideas.

Also, the Squats really are very dead.
    They may get killed by the Tyranids, but during the Great Crusade, they're all on holiday.
    Yep.

So, yeah, I got a good few bits that may mean nothing for ages! Woo!
    ARMIES: IRON HANDS, NIGHT LORDS, OGRE KINGDOMS

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast