BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Lelith Hesperax is worth her points.

Also posted on Warseer:

Mini-rant:

Will people PLEASE stop saying Lelith Hesperax isn't worth the points? For the price you get a character that has a 50% chance of ignoring all shooting attacks, a 67% chance of ignoring all melee attacks, reduced incoming attacks by 1 and can put out more attacks than any other character in the game. Yes she is only S3 but even against Marines but even if you don't kill them they will be hitting on a 5+ and you will be saving on a 3+. Against Imperial Guard, Sisters of Battle, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau and a good proportion of Tyranids she will be even more effective. On top of this her saves are not given by wargear and can not be negated by those nasty GK weapons.

YOU may not like her and prefer other choices, but that is not the same as her not being worth her points.

I haven't actually seen many people on BoLS dismiss Lelith, but I thought it was worth posting here as well. Nip it in the bud.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

And don't forget that she is a really cool looking mini! And when she gets 2 pain tokens she can be very nasty on the charge. The only drawback with her (like Lady Malys) is her vulnerability to the floating power fist. Instant death sucks for Dark Eldar ICs without shadow fields (and it sucks for them when they roll '1').

True, but at least she gets a 3+ save against it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I will agree she is worth her points if you break down what each of her bits of kit are worth.
    However I feel she is correctly costed where as some of the utility characters are under costed making them better choices in most cases.
    Malys and Baron give a defensive buff to their units to help them across the board.
    Sliscus makes all the combat drug units in your army more reliable/stronger while giving all your ravagers and raiders a better version of the DS upgrade (if you feel the need to use it).
    Add Malys's and the Baron's pregame bonus to this and its easy to see they for their costs(25-70pts cheaper) they are simply much better choices.

That is a valid point, though to be honest I never use Malys or the Baron and I've never felt like I needed their abilities so I wouldn't say any of them are 'must haves'.

Oh, I forgot, Leliths attacks ignore armour as well.

Leading bloodbrides or coming from a WWP she's great, but in a regular squad I'd like to be able to take the 2 special weapons with 10 wyches.

This is just a general bugbear of mine as to why DE are the only new army with the old 5/10 transport capacity.

Don't forget her built in shardnet should help protect her from power fists, who are likely to only end up with one attack (especially if you put another net in her guardian squad) hitting on a 4, wounding on a 2 and killing on a 1-2 for her save, so a less than one in six chance of getting fisted , if my math is correct.

Another strategy would be to start her in a unit of wracks and swap squads into a bloodbride squad with haemo to jack both pain tokens and get furious charge & FNP. With S4 she gets much better.

Yup, next Apocalypse game I'm intending on having her come out of a WWP portal with ten Bloodbrides with three Hydra Gauntlets. 41-56 attacks from the BB on the charge plus another 6+ from Lelith, if we assume she charges some basic SM the squad would put out 52-67 attacks, more with the right combat drugs. Even aggainst deathstar units that is going to force casualties, and with Lelith the number of return attacks will be reduced.

First-Captain

My pet peve with the her is she is good but like u say need to get her in safely like web way etc, Its annoying how u cant garuntee they come out of webway, same way the trygon tunnel rule is stupid since u cant garuntee they will still be in reserve to come from the tunnel
    For the Greater good.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yup, next Apocalypse game I'm intending on having her come out of a WWP portal with ten Bloodbrides with three Hydra Gauntlets. 41-56 attacks from the BB on the charge plus another 6+ from Lelith, if we assume she charges some basic SM the squad would put out 52-67 attacks, more with the right combat drugs. Even aggainst deathstar units that is going to force casualties, and with Lelith the number of return attacks will be reduced.
    Put in some razor wings, for some extra super fun! Also she is completely worth her points, especially if Duke is in there. e may not benefit her, but considering she goes best with bloodbrides, and wytches (Most of the time) she gets a pretty big buff via her squad with Duke there too.

Shame people believe she isn't worth it, when only the Avatar, skarbrand and swarmlord really can match her WS denying her bonus attacks, and those generally get shot at by DL anyway D:

Brother-Captain

I think it's the fact that for less points you could have 2 Succubi with agonisers, and they have combat drugs. Also, yeah she's only ineffective against marines... but you will fight marines a lot, not to mention any even tougher thing that come your way. That Wraithlord/Tyranid beastie/Talos/Daemon Prince/Warboss etc.? Yeah, a Succubus could have wounded that on a 4+. That number of attacks doesn't make up for the lack of strength, she'll probably kill... about 2-3 space marines on the charge? A Succubus with an agoniser can do exactly that too. Yeah Lelith is a lot more survivable, but I really don't think that's worth paying more than twice the points for her. Also, depending on what you roll on combat drugs, the Succubus might be WS9 as well, making them hit on 5s, or even get +1 attack or whatever.

Lelith is better against non-marines... but wyches would be killing non-marines with relative ease in close combat anyway. The only things I can think of that she'd really be more useful against are things like striking scorpions and incubi, heavily armoured but low-toughness troops. I can't really think of many others at the moment, but there might be others.

It's a shame, because she's very cool, but until you get 2 pain tokens, she just doesn't have 175pts worth of bite. Not that that should stop you from playing her, as you wouldn't be arguing her case unless you liked her. I'm more of a Kabalite/Incubus man myself, but the Wyches are cool too... everything Eldar is cool in my eyes. XP
    Last edited by Anggul; 09-17-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast