BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Small Question about "Traitor General"

Hey Folks!

Does anyone know to which kind of chapter (or whatever) the CSM in "Traitor General" (Gaunt's Ghosts Series) belong to? The colouring of their armour means nothing to me...

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by originoo View Post
    Hey Folks!

Does anyone know to which kind of chapter (or whatever) the CSM in "Traitor General" (Gaunt's Ghosts Series) belong to? The colouring of their armour means nothing to me...
    Given how Anakwanar Sek (who I assume is the CSM in question) holds the title of "Magister," I am assuming that he IS NOT a Chaos Space Marine but rather a heavily corrupted Imperial psyker or officer. The "Sons of Sek" and the "Blood Pack" are militarized cults of Chaos, not actual CSM's.

I doubt seriously that Gaunt and his First and Only regiment would dare attack a force of that size if they were all composed of Traitor Legions. The man is smart, bold, tenacious...

Not stupid.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by mr1029384756 View Post
    Given how Anakwanar Sek (who I assume is the CSM in question) holds the title of "Magister," I am assuming that he IS NOT a Chaos Space Marine but rather a heavily corrupted Imperial psyker or officer. The "Sons of Sek" and the "Blood Pack" are militarized cults of Chaos, not actual CSM's.

I doubt seriously that Gaunt and his First and Only regiment would dare attack a force of that size if they were all composed of Traitor Legions. The man is smart, bold, tenacious...

Not stupid.
    In the book they only fight Five marines not an actual army and they have the aid of a village of barbarians using poisoned crossbows if I remember correctly al the marines die it a retardly easy manner. I believe Guant cuts one in half with a powersword, another has a satchel charge dropped around it's shoulders. One gets overpowered by a guardsman who usees the marines own bolter to blow his head off, the leader is killed by the barbarians after kicking the crap out of Guant, his face is hit by about 40 crossbow bolts. As for the fifth I forget how they killed him, by the descriptions I agrue their not likely Traitor Legion probably just corrupted marines, they had power armour yes but by their style of fighting and pre stupidity I'd couldn't call them real CSM.
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

Quote Originally Posted by mr1029384756 View Post

Not stupid.
    As doom-kitten correctly explained, not Sek or his "sons" are meant, but this 5 (quite easy to kill) "Chaos Space Marines". Their colouring is explained as "mother-of-pearl" and "gold".

@doom-kitten: The fifth CSM gets his head blown of by Rawne who's firing Larkin's Long-Las.
    Last edited by originoo; 09-08-2011 at 07:15 AM.

Veteran-Sergeant

*nods* quite so. The Sons of Sek were a newly-formed traitor guard force led by Anahoweverthehellyouspellit Sek, and the planet Gereon itself was under the thrall of a Chaos occupational force with additional CSM support in a small capacity and from an unnamed warband