BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Chapter Master Tu'shan and Honour Guard

This is my take on Chapter Master Tu'shan of the Salamanders, and his honour guard.

I gave him seven honour guard - one to represent each of the sanctuary cities of Nocturne. I am working on a Land Raider Prometheus command tank for them to ride around in, but for the moment they dont have a ride. Each model (except Tu'shan and the banner bearer) has its own fully sculpted Salamander mantle.

Please remember these are still WIP, and I have more work to do on them yet.

And a close up of the latest work done on Tu'shan:

Comments and critique appreciated.

Chaplain

VERY nice green-stuff work there. My only comment is that I personally would think Tu'Shan would have a thunderhammer, but if you're counting that sword as a Relic Blade then it's within reason. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see them finished and painted!
    Proud Battlefleet Gothic evangelist. You got BFG questions? Just ask!
    Check out my fancy BoLS user blog for stories, ideas, and army lists!

Brother-Sergeant

Impressive sculpting with the green stuff! Hope you'll post some more of those when they are painted!

Thanks you guys, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePov View Post
    VERY nice green-stuff work there. My only comment is that I personally would think Tu'Shan would have a thunderhammer, but if you're counting that sword as a Relic Blade then it's within reason. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see them finished and painted!
    Pov - Tu'shan is actually quoted in Codex: Space Marines (page 52 - Chapter Master) as having a sword - hence the blade. I know the quote doesn't need to be taken literally but at first I thought hammer too, but I actually like the sword and shield look more. The hand is pinned, so I could - in theory - swap and change it for a hammer as required.
    Last edited by turelhim vampire; 09-07-2009 at 08:17 AM.

They really do look great. Fantastic work with green stuff. I have a ways to go to get any of my greenstuff creations to look like that. Well done. Now let's see some WIP painting pics!

E

Veteran-Sergeant

Nice work. You'll have to tell us how you did all that!

Wow, love the green stuff work. Are those BT Sword Brethren? And who are you using for Tu'Shan?

They're very impressive - what did you use to make that banner? One suggestion, the eagles on Tu'Shan's backpack look somewhat out of place amongst all the Salamander iconography, maybe you should switch them for something more lizard-y? I've gotten good results from the chaos vehicle accessory sprue.

Very nice lookin' indeed sir. Like everyone else lookin' forward to seeing them with paint.
    Respects, Emperorsaxe

How the hell do you get Green Stuff to do that??????????? I spend most of my time unsticking it from my fingers lol

Impressive, cant wait to see the paintjob.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast