BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Actually, they did, but they weren't out on the shelves. I casually mentioned looking forward to Warpath while talking to one of the Mantic guys. He reached under the table and produced a prototype to look at. No photography allowed, but I'll tell you, it looked pretty fine.
    Weird. You must be better looking than me, as I was told they didn't have any ready. Kind of a shame. Did you get to see an Ork or a Squat? I simply have no interest in the Orks.

Anyways, the reason Mantic would "release" prices only to change them is because they too, just like GW, are in the business to make money. If their pricing was going to be too high and was going to cost them profits, then it makes sense. It's just a little cheezy to me.

www.queencityguard.com

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Weird. You must be better looking than me, as I was told they didn't have any ready. Kind of a shame. Did you get to see an Ork or a Squat?
    Well, you know. I may be shaped like a potato and an egg making out long-ways, but I gots me a purty smile...

Anyhow, it was a Squat (or Forgefather, or whatever) that they had on hand, and I was actually surprised at how nice it was. My overall outlook on Mantic is that you usually get what you pay for, with a few exceptions.

Chapter-Master

Cool. I'm taking an open mind into the Squats, so I hope they're decently enough priced that I can justify pickin up a squad.

www.queencityguard.com

I was surprised how nice the Forgefather model was (I only saw the picture on Warseer though, not in person). Not a big fan of the Space Midget concept, but it was quite nice.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Grand Provost Marshal

[URL="http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2011/08/19/49780/"]Prices revised down ever so slightly, but still mostly the same:[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by TGN
    Updated Warpath pricing
    E-figures.com have posted updated prices for the first Warpath releases from Mantic Games.

October

Warpath Orx Section (10) $23.99
    Warpath Orx Platoon (20) $34.99
    Warpath Orx Hero $13.99
    Warpath Orx Starter Army (40+2v) $74.99
    November

Warpath Paint Set $24.99
    Warpath Game Orxs vs Dwarfs $74.99

December

Warpath Forgefathers Steel Warriors Section (10) $21.99
    Warpath Forgefathers Grizzlers Team (5) $19.99
    Warpath Forgefathers Steel Warriors Platoon (20) $31.99