BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

The price per model of an upgrade like the Eviscerator is not the same as the price for a unit. It can't be, it wouldn't make any sense. Otherwise, Terminators would be like 100pts per model. Repentia aren't 40+ pts per model because, despite Eviscerators typically being 25pts, a fairly fragile unit of repentia would never be able to deliver those Eviscerators into combat where they could actually do anything. Therefore, 10 repentia isn't a 400pt unit.

When you're looking at the effectiveness of a unit, you have to consider it's overall effectiveness vs cost. You can't think "oh, Eviscerators are normally 25pts each, so each repentia should be worth 30pts". That would make them horribly overpriced.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

The WD Sisters Codex is crap. I personally do not give two hoots what anyone else's opinion is on the matter, it is drivel, and alongside no new models or even Finecast reissues, it is, quite frankly, a farce and a blot on the 40K landscape. It. Is. Bollocks. My opinion has nothing to do with the bottle of Pinot Noir I've just had BTW... :-?

Chaplain

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but i didn't want to start a new thread (also apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere).

The Dreadfleet PDF mentions the contents of next month's White Dwarf.

Apparently it will contain 3 new Sisters of Battle Missions.

Chaplain

Meh missions are nice but news on models or recasts would be better, so far I've found the army to be fine it hasn't let me down yet and I managed to win a four player kill points game with them. Around the third turn I got alot of attention from the other players and they started openly plotting to beat me, it was amusing listening to the Tau player advise the Gaurd to outflank my Exorcist's. Overall I hate the new faith and some points costs need to be reworked, the Celestians are an utter failure and the PE's are just useless. Personally I think the warwalkers should be elites and have fleet and not cost 85 pts each, the Celestians should have the option for CC weapons and more than one powerweapon/eviscerator and I want my blessed weapon back .
    The Immolator should be fast, when your paying 65 points for a razorback with limited weapon fits (Heavy Bolter, Multi-Melta and TW H Flamer), there should be something to compensate for the points value. I don't know if Razorbacks are also 65 points and would be happy to be corrected. Seraphim and Dominions are awesome though the Hit and Run nerf sucks and I wish the Superior could take a Flamer Pistol or Melta Pistol. I know this is all wishlisting and I find the army works as long as your not relying on that faith roll, my only annoyance is the lack of variety in army choice everyone I've spoken to has designed an army focused on Celestine, Jacobus, 2 Dominion Sqauds (Rhino or MM Immolator transport), 1 Seraphim Sqaud and 3 Exorcists with Battle sister Sqauds depending on points value. I played a game against sisters with sisters and it was sooooooo boring my opponents list was almost squad to squad the same the only difference was I choose a Retributor sqaud instead of a third Exorcist and I took a Confessor with 9 Arco-Flagellants to his Jacobus with 9 Death Cult assassins. He also took regular Flamers to my H.Flamers and didn't mount up his sister squads, in the end the game was taken as a draw and he sold me his sisters and tossed out his copies of the Codex I didn't count it towards my game record as it wasn't a game more just listening to him rant.
    I intend to stick with the army and will keep up a record of my games, i intend to start a topic soon where I will display my painted miniatures and discuss the games.
    If your interested look for it, if not meh I'll do it anyway , if you got advice or comments either PM me or just post it when I start the topic.
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

I'd call thread necromancy but this being Sisters I suspect it's something more like Celestine's trick.

Although it is again something the Sisters didn't actually need, it is nonetheless good to see them getting some attention, given the lack of it the previous few years. Still would like new models as I'm sure we all agree, but hopefully those rumors are still true.

Meh, not that I really care, but I'd like to see more emphasis on the god-bothering aspect of the Sisters. Make them the most obnoxious god-botherers of them all. No gambling, drinking or...ahem...other fun things to do. *Jurgen, I need another cuppa Tanna Tea please.*

I'd also like to see self-rightous martyrs as well as hypocrytical-Emperor-bothering acolytes. In actual medieval times, one need only spit and you could find another holy mystic weepy martyr person. Let's see that again with the Imperium.

Why? They aren't a reflection of medieval Christian morality, they are a reflection of 40k Imperial morality. They drink, have sex, pray a lot and incinerate the heretic.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Yeah, great. A humorless PMS queen that spends all day wrapped in rubber and stinks of petroleum - EXACTLY what I want rubbing up against me at the end of the day.

"Look out, here come my 'Little Emperor!'"

"HERETIC!!!"

<*FOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!*>

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

In the grim darkness of the far future, you take what you can get.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    Yeah, great. A humorless PMS queen that spends all day wrapped in rubber and stinks of petroleum - EXACTLY what I want rubbing up against me at the end of the day.

"Look out, here come my 'Little Emperor!'"

"HERETIC!!!"

<*FOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!*>
    Well, you can't deny one thing, that's still... *sunglasses* Pretty hot.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    In the grim darkness of the far future, you take what you can get.
    Also this was awesome. Babies are important to humanity, after all, they need to join the Imperial Guard.

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast