BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

But I bet they win in a battle report!

Chaplain

Ofcourse they did, can't sell a lemon if it stinks too.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Default what is good about this army list?

Quote Originally Posted by dwez View Post
    It's against Tyranids. What did you expect. I'd have been excited if they had lost just to see the nids win a battle with the current codex in print.

What I do want to know is what is good about this army list? The Saint Celestine for 125pts. 6+ invunrable saves for all (couldn't really expect the pts per sister to go down). Acts of faith not being dependent on units sizes and faithful units so not needing to upgrade the sister superior just to get a faith point , although acts of faith are far less likely to work over all and will be almost pointless in games of Apocalypse.

There is 1 other which hunters collector in my gaming group. With the new sisters of battle amy list I think we will still both be using which hunters but I'll give these new rules ago as soon as I've got another troop choice; now I can't use my abites or storm troopers to fill my 2nd slot or my inquisitor, inquisitor's body guard, assassins, gray knights, space marines, imperial guard. Of course the extra sisters will come from fleebay, I'm certainly not going to give GW any money for new sisters and why would I when they don't even stock them.

This has at least got me to dust off the sisters off again. I played a game of extraction against marines last weekend. I got the servitor to the landing pad before 3 units of terminators walked though my army making the final score 9-6 to the marines.

Grand Provost Marshal

I'm usually a fan of the WD minidex releases, but in this case I think I should take up the mantra of those critics I've heard before: WD/CA is not a legal army list. You must use a valid codex.

Codex: Witchunters for me, please. Thanks.

Sadly, for this case, it is not accurate. The WD rules are stamped as official and labelled as the official replacement for Codex: Witch Hunters. Anyone arguing otherwise really has no basis on which to base their stance.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Quote Originally Posted by jonsgot View Post
    What I do want to know is what is good about this army list? The Saint Celestine for 125pts. 6+ invunrable saves for all (couldn't really expect the pts per sister to go down). Acts of faith not being dependent on units sizes and faithful units so not needing to upgrade the sister superior just to get a faith point , although acts of faith are far less likely to work over all and will be almost pointless in games of Apocalypse.
    Celestine and special characters appear to be one of the few saving graces, as they seem actually good. The Canoness can't take a decent melee command squad and I foresee she'll be relegated to babysitting a heavy weapons team, with maybe a Rosarius to soak wounds, and an Eviscerator in case of Dreadnaught. Something like that. It's not like she's immune to Force Weapon instant death or can shrug off even one single other Instant Death hit anymore (or get a 2+ save or...well pretty much anything, that honestly sounds like it's all the wargear options she gets).

6++, while I believe it is cool, isn't going to save the army because half the time you'll have an equal or better cover save anyway. There is a small neat trick in that if you're caught in the wide open you basically get all the advantages of Go To Ground and none of the drawbacks. In exchange we lose the 5+ psychic save and then the cuts to Acts of Faith killing flexibility.

Not having to upgrade the Sister Superior isn't an advantage, because the squads comes with an upgraded Sister Superior, and it factors into the points (though she is cheaper, but that's offset by the Sisters themselves being more expensive).

I'll just say again I hate being right. I really don't know what to say to this other than I really feel that the wargear is the worst of all of it, and there is absolutely nothing in part two of any real note that I've seen yet. Everything just looks the same as Witch Hunters only overall worse. Nearly all of the staples of the list have been nerfed or removed entirely (mostly removed entirely). Only the Exorcist seems to have escaped entirely unscathed (I guess it rolled a 6), it even is slightly buffed as it can sit in the open and have a 6++, that is if you weren't able to park it hull down, and it didn't get a price increase for it. Also everyone got free smoke launchers (an entire 3 point upgrade in CWH). Basically what did need to happen with CWH didn't, and what didn't need to happen did for the most part.

I'm willing to overlook a lot but honestly I think the wargear just kills it for me. I don't even know if I want to make an army list with this. This codex feels like it's a miss, and really makes those rumors about it being a rush job sound all the more true.

Quote Originally Posted by Faultie View Post
    I'm usually a fan of the WD minidex releases, but in this case I think I should take up the mantra of those critics I've heard before: WD/CA is not a legal army list. You must use a valid codex.

Codex: Witchunters for me, please. Thanks.
    And yeah, you're not going to be able to use C:WH. This is the official Sisters of Battle Codex for tournaments, though I will be surprised if it ever sees a tournament where they don't get tabled.

Okay, enough of that complaining. Hmm. Maybe I should go help Melissia with her fandex.
    Last edited by Lancel; 08-25-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Sadly, for this case, it is not accurate. The WD rules are stamped as official and labelled as the official replacement for Codex: Witch Hunters. Anyone arguing otherwise really has no basis on which to base their stance.
    I've got several other army lists with the same stamps, and people still complain. I'm not saying they're right, but the complaints are always aired. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
    And yeah, you're not going to be able to use C:WH. This is the official Sisters of Battle Codex for tournaments
    Fair point, then. I will use this codex for all GW-sponsored organized play events in the future...oh wait.

Well, people love their false distinctions.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Quote Originally Posted by Faultie View Post
    I've got several other army lists with the same stamps, and people still complain. I'm not saying they're right, but the complaints are always aired. :P
    Fair point, then. I will use this codex for all GW-sponsored organized play events in the future...oh wait.
    Keke.

As long as they don't argue both CWH and WD Codex is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by dwez View Post
    There's a reason they picked tyranids

Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast