BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

[URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5592008&postcount=469"]Rumours[/URL] indicate sooner rather than later:
    Quote Originally Posted by TraojanWolf
    Going by that, it's possible we may see a full Sisters codex in early 2012. Naturally, this is an assumption based on that post, so for the love of Khaine don't take it as a rumour!
    Quote Originally Posted by BramGaunt
    This is at least my understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by BramGaunt
    Afaik that's exactly what sisters will get, but that does not mean that there aren't some new miniatures in the future. Just to tell you: I was told that there won't be any sisters miniatures alongside with this WD release. They are not that far away, though.
    I'm actually tempted by a couple of the helmeted sculpts, may or may not buy them. Specifically [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1250185_99060108087_WHSoBSSplaspistmain_873x627.j pg"]this[/URL], [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1250200_99060108090_WHSoBImag2main_873x627.jpg"]this[/URL] and[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1250054_99060108016_WHSoBMultimeltamain_873x627.j pg"] this[/URL].
    Last edited by eldargal; 08-10-2011 at 10:36 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

I actually have most of my entire army of helmets. I purged the "haired" sisters ages ago after hating painting hair *cough*

But yeah I saw that stuff before (and also on warseer where you posted it too )

I thought you may have. Posting it here mostly for the many, many people who don't want to go to Warseer.

One of my favourite rumours from Ghost21, I think, was that there would be enough helmets in a box to give all the Sisters helmets. Pleasing. I don't mind the 20s style bobs, just a pity they are on awful faces mostly.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

the 20s style bobs are fine and I like the style I just hate painting it (namely i hate painting white). Regardless yes Ghost21 seemed to have quite a lot of information and has been right about stuff previously so there is some reason to believe what he says.

But yes...those faces. Atleast GW has shown pretty decent female-facework recently.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    One of my favourite rumours from Ghost21, I think, was that there would be enough helmets in a box to give all the Sisters helmets. Pleasing. I don't mind the 20s style bobs, just a pity they are on awful faces mostly.
    That's good. I think they should make effort to differentiate the Sisters, Retributors, Celestians and Dominions more visually. Different heads would go a long way to doing something like that. Sisters could have the normal bare heads, Celestians could have helmets with plumes, dominions the normal helemets and Retributors some kind of rebreathers or something - I dunno, I'm not saying that is exactly what they should do - but as examples off the top of my head
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Brother-Captain

As far as differentiating the Sister unit types goes...
    I've always thought it would be cool if they had a bulkier, 'terminator'-style unit.

Like if Celestians had access to some crazy artificer armour or something. I just think a bulkier Sister on a 40mm base would look really cool. Not necessarily trying to turn them into a more MEQ army, but still... xD

Given how little's changed in their WD dex, though, I doubt that'll happen whenever they get their proper treatment. Look forward to seeing new kits for them regardless.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    As far as differentiating the Sister unit types goes...
    I've always thought it would be cool if they had a bulkier, 'terminator'-style unit.

Like if Celestians had access to some crazy artificer armour or something. I just think a bulkier Sister on a 40mm base would look really cool. Not necessarily trying to turn them into a more MEQ army, but still... xD

Given how little's changed in their WD dex, though, I doubt that'll happen whenever they get their proper treatment. Look forward to seeing new kits for them regardless.
    Well there is little prescient to say sisters CANT have artificer armor other than "its rare". But they'd have to be pretty different to terminators just for the sake of not looking like female marines. Any major "pure SOB" codex will require some pretty creative new sisters units and I will be quite interested in what GW would add in. Really we just need more fluff in general and a good 20~30 pages from a proper codex would be great Hopefully we can get a fluff-section that has us actually WINNING battles. Hell we lost more than half of our own "promote your codex is awesome" battles.

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    That's good. I think they should make effort to differentiate the Sisters, Retributors, Celestians and Dominions more visually. Different heads would go a long way to doing something like that. Sisters could have the normal bare heads, Celestians could have helmets with plumes, dominions the normal helemets and Retributors some kind of rebreathers or something - I dunno, I'm not saying that is exactly what they should do - but as examples off the top of my head
    That's what I'm doing, the regular Battle Sisters don't have helmets except for the Sister Superior. The rest mostly have helmets (it kind of varied based on how many helmet Sisters I got VS non-helmeted).

Quote Originally Posted by wallweasels View Post
    Well there is little prescient to say sisters CANT have artificer armor other than "its rare". But they'd have to be pretty different to terminators just for the sake of not looking like female marines. Any major "pure SOB" codex will require some pretty creative new sisters units and I will be quite interested in what GW would add in. Really we just need more fluff in general and a good 20~30 pages from a proper codex would be great Hopefully we can get a fluff-section that has us actually WINNING battles. Hell we lost more than half of our own "promote your codex is awesome" battles.
    I agree. In particular because they need to fit their current theme without resembling Space Marines or Imperial Guard.

Battle-Brother

Um rather than making a thread thought I would post this (someone mentioned it on warseer):

Not really sure where to put it so that thread is as good as any other I suppose. Some info on the SoB pricing started to pop on a french forum.

- Overall some units are costlier than before but not that much (Regular Sisters, Celestian, Dominion, Retributor).
    - Some are less costly (Repentia, Seraph but pistols are costly, especially the melta ones cost more than a Fist)
    - Special character are relatively cheap, nothing above 120 pts, multiple below 100.
    - Heavy weapons cheaper than before (MM cost cut more than in half).
    I don't know many french forums (and well my french isn't great anymore :x) so if anyone does...please find more?

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Not much that I can find unfortunately. A couple extra details.

- Basic Sisters are the only troop choice. They start at 9 + Sister Superior and apparently no free special/heavy weapons based on number (unlike SM tactical).
    - Penitent Engine is indeed HS, 0-3 per slot, someone mentioned they seemed costly to him but since he didn't remember the old price he was not sure if they were truly costlier or cheaper.

Indication is 12 points per Sister, 125 points for a 10-sister squad of Battle Sisters. Battle Sisters are the only troop choice. Not much in the way of confirmation though (apparently one other person said it was true), and not much in the way of details I'm afraid as that french forum had the mods stepping in quickly to clarify that he can only discuss the rule changes in the vaguest of senses, almost to the point of pointlessness.

But yes, this says the basic Sister increased in cost, not decreased. I suppose we'll find out the rest soon enough.

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast