BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Well, the obvious answers are Dark Eldar and Necrons. Next would be some combo Codicii. For example, 2nd Ed promised a Forces of the Imperium. A Codex with entries for Adeptus Mechanicus, Adeptus Arbites, and maybe a Rogue Trader force would be interesting. Alone, I doubt any of those entries would be able to sustain their own Codex but bound together it might sell. The Arbites could have a rule allowing them to be included in Guard or Inquisitor forces or used as a stand-alone force. The Rogue Trader could include the option of having a limited number of selections from other races as well as some choices from other forces. For example, take a single Eldar Pathfinder or Ranger as an Elite choice or a squad of Kroot or Ioxatl mercenaries. The HQ would be the Rogue Trader with a retinue similar to an Inquisitor. The Mechanicus has the best chance of being fleshed out into a full-fledged army but seeing the other units available would be nice for some special scenarios, fluff, and interesting theme armies. If they ever went back to Chapter Approved style armylists, they could see the light of day.

The Inquisition being rolled into one Codex makes sense and allows all three of the branches to finally be represented. Adding a couple of other Assassin Temples into the mix could be fun but not necessary. The Venenum Temple, for instance, could have a chance to wound a character before the first turn and infiltrate onto the board but otherwise be a mostly close combat model with a type of poisoned attack. Creating additional units for the three branches would be nice and with the space not wasted on repeating the Assassin, Stormtrooper, Inducted Units, and Inquisitor HQ/Elite entries would give additional pages for the new units. Still, it would either cut down on fluff pages and/or color plates or be a pretty big Codex.

I would also like to see a Chaos Marine Codex for something besides the Red Corsairs. The current Codex is OK but I would like to see the Traitor Legions return to the fore. Several could be included in each Codex and make it a series of 2-3 Codicii. I don't think,no matter how much we wish, that each power will get its own Codex. A return to something like the Realms of Chaos books would be more likely but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, I think it would be a bad idea to release the Blood Angels/Dark Angels and Black Templars in one book. As long as the current Codex Space Marines is in publication that kind of cross-referencing to the main Marine Codex would work fine but as soon as it was replaced or changed that multi-Codex would be left pretty much high and dry. Instead I think they should each get a Codex like the soon to be released Space Wolves.

That pretty much leaves just the Tau. The 'Nids seem to be coming soon according to the rumor mills and that is fine. So, I guess the Codex I want is ALL of them. Muhahahaha. All your Codex are belong to me. Even if I don't play an army, I have always bought all of the Codex books. I enjoy the fluff and seeing what to expect out each army. Plus, I try to help the folks in my group come up with new ideas and having the Codex on hand makes that easier. On top of that, since we game at my house it is nice to have a copy of the different Codicii on hand in case there is a question or a forgotten Codex.

Remember, Jervis, ALL of them. Give them to us, our Precioussss-es. All of them, yes. Soon.

Brother-Sergeant

I personally would like to see a "Do It Yourself" space marine codex.With so many chapters you'll never please everyone with a codex,but with a farmers market style DIY codex,players loyal to chapters that will never get a codex can make a fluff accurate force and chapter masters that want to do there own thing can create their own unique chapter.Instead of "count as" figures,figures you make yourself kind of like the regimental doctrines from the back of the previous imperial guard codex combined with the old wargear purchasing system.Stat lines cost X,special rules cost X,chapter tactics cost X, ect.Now here is X amount of points and how many of each you can take, go and make your chapter.

I would like to see an AdMech codex. They are a major force in the Imperium, they very well should be represented.

Of course the Arbites should also be represented, but they seem to minor for a complete codex. I think something like a free online pdf (a la Blood Angels) for Arbites that allows any Imperial player to include them would be great. Maybe BOLS can just 'donate' their Arbites codex.

The Inquisition should definitely be combined into one big mega codex. The three Ordos dont have enough 'meat' to be separated into small codex's. Just put the whole Inquisition in a big, big codex that existing .WH, DH, GK, and SOB players would all enjoy. Maybe make the codex to where your army choices depend on the Ordo (Xenos, Malleus, Hereticus) and ethics (Puritan vs Radical) of your Inquisitor. And if you just wanna play Death Watch, GK's, and SOB's, just take their HQ character. But inquisitors will open up new wargear options, new henchmen options, and new army list options all dependant upon the Ordo and ethics. A Radical Malleus gains Daemonhosts to the army list, a tone down version of a Daemon Weapon to armory, and a chaos themed henchmen. All of these are just examples of course.

I don't feel we need another CSM codex. Wanna play World Eaters? Use Mark of Khorne and Beserkers. Wanna play Emporers Children? Use Mark of Slaanesh and Nosie Marines. Wanna play Word Bearers? Theme a Chaos Sorceror/Lord into a Dark Apostle, and load up on Possessed and generic Daemons. I know its not an exact approximation for the older CSM 'dex, but the 4 god specific legions and the 5 undivided legions can all be approximated. I actually at one point made army lists for Alpha Legion, Night Lords, Word Bearers, and Iron Warriors. They weren't as detailed as the 3rd edition codex, but they were all well themed enough for each legion.

I also wanna see a new Tau codex, but not a new Tau Empire codex like in existence. I'd like something like Tau Allies, a codex to represent Vespid, Kroot, Gue'vesa, and other allies to the Tau in greater detail. I at one point saw some rules that allowed for a Tau player to custom make a single squad of any race of their imagination. Imagine the possibilities with that.

Battle-Brother

You know what? Chaos Space Marines need a new codex that is Legion based, instead of the Red Corsairs. Sitnam just stated you can build whatever force you like. Yes, thats true.

The only problem is they will lack flavor, detail, and any degree of customization seen in the Space Marine codex. Yes, the bland army. CSM's can be competitive, thats not the problem, the problem is that they've become boring and without real choice of wargear in their list almost at all. Thats the problem.

And Legion specific rules, or at least heroes, would help

Wanna play Word Bearers? You field a Dark Apostle instead of a Chaos Lord, and earn certain perks and recieve certain restrictions.

Wanna play Slaanesh? Once again, bonus + Restrictions.

No, instead we get. "Have your lash Sorc/DP lead your Nurgle army and Khorne backed up force." What a bunch of crap. Bring back some semblence of Legions and factions within Chaos, thats what made it popular in 3rd ed. Renegades don't sell, Legions do.

i've been saying it for a while... i would love to see a thousands sons stand alone codex. even more so now that wolves are getting updated. they could create the nemisis rule. where when the two armies meet on the same field **** hits the fan kind of thing.

Battle-Brother

I think this is a pretty easy question, Dark Eldar and Necrons NEED new rules, I don't play either one but it's time. Outside of that I would like to see a new codex for the traitor legions and the Blood Angels need some respect.

-Goresmack

For the imperium, I'd like to see the adeptus mechanicus get a codex. If it had to be another SM chapter, then I agree that the Iron Hands would be a good choice. Either way, you'd be looking at a lot of cybernetics and heavy machinery.

For Chaos, I'd like to see a Word Bearers codex (since i play them ) - I'd actually like them to be almost a twisted version of black templars, or even witch hunters - using some kind of dark faith-based powers instead of psykers. At the very least I'd like to see special rules for Dark Apostles. Also, not just making them a daemon-heavy CSM army like they were in 3rd.

For Xenos, I dunno. Probably the coolest thing would be a "dogs of war"-style army made up of all the interesting races and creatures out there that there isn't enough interest or info to do a full codex on. Could include a wide variety of things, like hrud infiltrators, heavy armor from the demiurg, even mercenary versions of established races like ork freebooters, kroot, and renegade guardsmen. It would add a lot of variety, and be even cooler if, like dogs of war, you could hire some units for your regular army (fluff nightmare, yes, but still potentially cool)

That "Dogs of War" idea Is AWESOME!!! Besides those minis would be great to make an inquisitors retinue. Squats!!! Squats!!! Squats!!!

Chaplain

I would give my left nut for an Ad Mech codex...

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Templar View Post
    I would give my left nut for an Ad Mech codex...
    And I'd throw in my right.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast