BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th ed rumors

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    I hope the Black Templars get an updated codex before 6th edition. Or at least shortly thereafter. I've shelved my army indefinitely. It irks me that they have but 3 special characters and Helbrecht's stats aren't even comparable to a Space Marine chapter master's stats.
    My mech IG army got smashed by a BT army a few months ago. Dude took tons of terminators with cyclone launchers and put tank hunters on them. Ouch. Your codex definitely has a power build or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    By that reasoning, every army is updated because the PDF FAQs all got updated too.

No. It's not a real codex, so I don't give a ****.
    Last I checked a FAQ update dose not change point coasts, specail rules, wargear options, and generaly rewrite the whole book.

Oh wait. That's what a update is, and guess what? This is a White Dwarf Codex, as in this is a new unit/rules listing that invalidates and replaces the existing one. Just because it's in a White Dwarf doesn't mean it's any less of a update.

You can think it's not a very good update, and so be it. You think most things aren't very good and have used choice words in the pass to describe it before. It's not that big a surprise.

But to say the white dwarf Codex isn't a update is just silly. The White Dwarf Codex will be changing just as much as any new codex dose. Probly will just not be realy ADDING anything that new to the army list.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

And there is always the possibility that GW will buck its historical trends and release a good WD codex.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    I hope the Black Templars get an updated codex before 6th edition. Or at least shortly thereafter. I've shelved my army indefinitely. It irks me that they have but 3 special characters and Helbrecht's stats aren't even comparable to a Space Marine chapter master's stats.
    I am not trying to sound mean, but if you want stats that are comparable to a Space Marine, then play Ultra Marines then.

There is a reason why we have different SM codicies. So they are different. Just because they are different and it's a negative to you, we really shouldn't be complaining other wise, we might just as well have SW, BA, DA, and BT all in one Ultramarine codex.

Also don't forget, that the BT will be the poster boys for the upcoming MMO so maybe GW is trying to tie everything for BT together at that time. Would make sense if they did.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    And there is always the possibility that GW will buck its historical trends and release a good WD codex.
    In all honesty the Blood Angles WD was not that bad. Their is a were I play who has been playing Blood Angles since 3rd ed, and the 4th ed WD codex is his favorite Codex to date. Specifically the Death Company from what book was his favorite incarnation, and liked how the army in general played.

(And that is comparing it to the old 3rd and current 5th ed books.)

Many Blood Angles fans on the internet hated that book.

What is "good" is in the eye of the beholder sometimes.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by erwos View Post
    My mech IG army got smashed by a BT army a few months ago. Dude took tons of terminators with cyclone launchers and put tank hunters on them. Ouch. Your codex definitely has a power build or two.
    If I wanted to play a shooting army I wouldn't play an assault army. :|

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    There's also a chance that I could start a CSM army, too. Both are very, very small chances.

And no, this is not a promise to do so if you turn out correct :P
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I'm taking all of this with a massive pinch of salt. GW is tightening up leaks yet we have detailed info on rule changes for 6th editon? Tyranids weren't released that long after the current rulebook, yet they already knew what the next rule set would be to enable them to make Tyranids compatible with it? Doesn't sound right to me.
    yeah im going to take it with a pinch of salt .... i personally think the last update to tyranids nerfed them

Initiate

Default Randomness

I notice many players prefer to squeeze as much randomness out of the game as possible. Can someone explain why many players prefer a God like power over their troops when in any human endevour leaders have the Devils own job in getting their followers to do anything!

Similarly why is ther a general consensus that random game length is a bad thing? Each player knows the game could end so should make plans to take this into account.

I do not want a game that is predictable if I can process the mathes fast enough. Ironically, the more randomness in a game the more chance that it will cancel itself out.

It's way too soon to worry about 6th ed. just yet, but it concerns me when it is suggested that 'veteran' players have been involved based on the recent FAQ's - most of which have not answered key questions and have been adequate at best.

Grim

Chapter-Master

Random game length is stupid. You can talk about planning contingencies and stuff all you like, but it doesn't change the fact that the end of the game comes down to a random dice roll rather than player skill. I've been screwed over too many times in games that I would and should have won that I don't buy the "oh, you should just plan ahead better" crap.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast