BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th ed rumors

seems really drastic. I hope some of it isn't true because I think it might make things way too complicated. These rumors make it seem like they are streamlining some things but adding much more complexity and stuff to remember to a bunch of other things. I really hope they don't standardize or simplify the rule set too much more, although, on the other hand I hope that they don't make it so complicated that a game takes a billion hours to play. It also seems like they are punishing foot armies a little more with these rumors. I think I'm going to get my salt ready, but i am intrigued by some of this stuff.

Chapter-Master

Since 2ed - 3ed GW hasn't made such radical changes. I think with their target audience getting ostensibly younger it would be surprising if they went for overly complex.

As such most of this sounds like tosh.

Especially the codex Chaos Legions. Sounds like rubbish to me as it would be too good to be true.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Librarian

For streamlining rules why are half these rumours more complicated?

i love basically every bit but sadly they make too much sense for GW.

Squad leaders beeing more important would however explain one thing I never got with the DE codex (which is basically flawless except that one thing): improving the armor save for squad leaders from 5+ to 4+ for a hughe 10 points (its not like you were going to allocate any wounds on an expensive model just for that little gain in survival chance).

I like the stratagems and bidding for first turn. I was actually in the process of writing such a system for our apocalypse games to remove the dice roll/ time bidding thingy which both fit hughe games very badly.

Any form of bidding in games allows a hughe improvement in actual strategy. If the matchup sees first turn as not that important it can still be a hughe boon to get first turn by "just" spending that 1 point more than your oponent while bluffing a "go for the troath" tactic could easily net you big advantages cause your oponent spent many points on first turn.

assoult before shooting could easily mean a combination of all types of movement into the movement phase (which would equal lesser time spent moving. assoult based armies with fleet nowadays can happen to measure&move one model up to 4 times with move, fleet, assoult and massacre move).

depending on how it is written the move, assoult, shoot could also allow competent allrouners to kill up to two units per turn (mostly targetting MSU now). it would also mean a shift to make close combat a fair way of dealing with transports (basically allowing melee units to kill the transport and then your whole army to shoot the passgeners just like now you can kill it with a meltagun and then shoot them dead).

I could also see it as a great improvement to the tyranid codex in general. by just switching assoult and shooting the humble screamer killer carnifex suddenly turns into the close range killing machine it is supposed to be (open transport with 5 rerolling attacks and then blast the insides with your short range plasmacannon <3 ).

I'd also love seeing an all out errata for all the books like with fantasy. even if it didnt fix some issues it allowed for an allmost hasslefree transfer of the old books.

Brother-Sergeant

*Drives to a Factory in Maldon*

Some good some bad things here, some I really like, others I don't.

*Empties Skip of NaCl*

Chapter-Master

Incidentally, one of the rumor dudes on warseer had this to say:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost21
    starter set isnt black legion...... rest is kinda accurate

I also appreciate that the posters here haven't been all 'dur-du-dur, this sounds like wishlisting, dur-du-dur", like on just about every other forum. Mods should just delete any post containing the word wishlisting.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    I think with their target audience getting ostensibly younger it would be surprising if they went for overly complex.
    I never bought the young target audience thing. I could count the number of 40k players younger than about 14 that I've ever met on one hand. And almost all of those were kids being raised to play 40k by a parent who also played.

On the other hand, I've met dozens of older players who will drop their paycheck on the new army that just came out.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 06-19-2011 at 02:25 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

I think one of the most fundamental changes suggested here is moving the assault phase to before the shooting phase. Very strange. This seriously reduces the strength of assault weapons, it would be interesting to know if routing the opponent means the squad can shoot after assaulting.

I'm taking salt with this though, just because it's so early, even though BoK has been right so far on the Sisters.

Librarian

This sounds like the guys in charge of 8th ed WHFB were put in charge of the next ed of 40k, in that the changes are significant. If the changes turn out to be true.
    This may have been playtest notes that probably shouldn't have seen the light of day.

Chaplain

Assuming this is true...I'd hold your breath on complaining about Assault Weapons. Somehow I doubt they'd make all those changes but leave assault weapons the same.
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

Brother-Captain

Is anyone else excited by the implications of a Codex: Chaos Legions?

I would looove to have a fluffy, functional Thousand Sons army...

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast