BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 Reavers

Chaplain

Gotta say for anybody who hasn't put together a Reaver before you would be amazed by just how well it fits together. I was dry fitting the upper bodies earlier and wow, they just slide in together. I shoulda taken a pic when I did it. After the basecoat dries I'll take a pic and post it. For such a large resin model I really expected more problems. Everything has really been superficial.

Resin Tip:
    parts that are warped - I used a hair drier on high to soften up the part and bend in place. Pay attention when doing this, if left under the hair drier to long you may cause major damage to part. Heating effect only allows for about 1 min. worth of bending time.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by sangrail777 View Post
    Gotta say for anybody who hasn't put together a Reaver before you would be amazed by just how well it fits together. I was dry fitting the upper bodies earlier and wow, they just slide in together. I shoulda taken a pic when I did it. After the basecoat dries I'll take a pic and post it. For such a large resin model I really expected more problems. Everything has really been superficial.

Resin Tip:
    parts that are warped - I used a hair drier on high to soften up the part and bend in place. Pay attention when doing this, if left under the hair drier to long you may cause major damage to part. Heating effect only allows for about 1 min. worth of bending time.
    good to know, thank you, I'll keep that in mind for when I finally get around to a forgeworld model.

Brother-Captain

That's a nice project mate. Even if it is by accident, I bet it would be quite a joy to paint up two Titan brothers.
    Good choice on the BA colour scheme as well. (Being a BA addict myself it seems like an easy choice )

Chapter-Master

Hope the names serve you well... I got a little over excited, guess I'll just have to use some of the others for when I get round to expanding my titan maniple :P
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chaplain

I got dragged to the Beach for awhile, but now it's time to get back to the Reavers.

"I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Chaplain

Well after dry fitting it seems the Eagle Armour and lower chest armour are going to need alot of work on both Reavers to fit properley. Working on the insides for now, was gonna skip the inside at first but man that detail is so good I can't help it. I really love this model, I hope when I'm done it will bring some justice to the detail done by the artist.

Chaplain

Reaver #1 is getting done faster then Reaver #2 due to fitting problems slowing me down. Just some extra grinding and hair drier use needed. The last 24 hours have been getting alot done.

The interior pics don't show how much detail is really in there. I was gonna skip the inside for now, but once I got started I couldn't stop. The inside is just full of detail.

Brother-Captain

Cool, that red holds up nicely on such a large surface. And the eagle looks especially nice.
    Are you going to weather the carapace or leave it spic & span?

Chaplain

Well Meph first thanks alot. I tend to leave models "all nice and shinny" at first. As they have a few battles I start adding weathering. Although with these I might weather the legs when I paint the bases.
    The Red does well on large surface alright, I use a large brush for the most part. Main thing is to get Mechrite Red on evenly first. Takes about 3-4 thin coats.

Chaplain

AHHH! Work has really slowed me down. So I hit it hard and in the last 48 hours was able to catch reaver 2 up with Reaver one. All thats left now is to attach heads and arms. I hope to finish the 6-8 weapon systems by the middle of next week I've decided to attach the weapons with bolts and nuts. Due to the problems with using magnets. Ie. the forward weight making it so touching the guns might make them fall off.

I like the way the chevrons turned out on the upper body, looks as good as I hoped for.
    The lower portion of the upper body (if that makes sense) pinches the upper armour plate, to the point that taking it on and off will be a pain every time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast