BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Reavers

Chaplain

Default 2 Reavers

Hey all! ( Pic Heavy)
    Back story: Every deployment I buy myself a gift from Forgeworld. Last deployment my wife bought me a gift also. Funny we both thought of the same thing. Came back from Iraq and ended up with 2 Reaver Titans. Getting ready to deploy again and really want to finish these before I go.
    Really started about 2 weeks ago. 2 Reavers at the same time, kinda ruff. Would go faster if it wasn't for work but hey we all gotta pay for plastic crack some how right. I've gottin as far as to the waist with both Reavers. Wanted to post how I was doing and for a few suggestions. Having trouble thinking of names for them. (suggestions welcome) Also as far as background goes I figure they are from a forge world that owes the Blood Angels a major dept. The Legio is named in Honour of the Blood Angels Primarch: Legio Sanguine Angelius. The markings will be like the Angels pictured on page 4 of the BA codex. Also I'm looking for good sugestions for the left knee pad (the black knee pad below on second post) I want something that relats to BA's without actually being a BA symbol.

I'm hoping to be down in the next 2 weeks with both Reavers, after this I have another Warhound (Mars class) to do.
    Last edited by sangrail777; 06-18-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Chaplain

cuz I can only hve four here is the next.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Adeptus Custodes

Maybe something like the SAS symbol?

[url]http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/article1741165.ece[/url]

Its got elements of BA iconography- wings and a sword, visually its reminescent of the blood drop angels symbol and would have nice symmatry with the titan symbol on the opposite knee.

Otherwise you can never go wrong with a skull- possibly also winged.
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 06-18-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    More Necromunda please.

Chaplain

They look amazing! Really good job. Tone must be really difficult to do on such large areas, especially the black and yellow stripes and it looks amazing.

May I suggest a grail chalice for the kneepad?

The varients being the grail upright and symmetrical, (subtle)
    Grail Chalice tilted with a blood drop spilling and a wing attached to one side

Or a death company symbol, maybe in honour that a hero that saved the forgeworld died in a state of the black rage?
    So a red cross over the black kneepad
    Or a skull and crossbones (death company symbol)

Sanguinius had a red circle with laurels around it on his shoulderpads (very subtle)
    He also wore the pelt of a white lion with black leopard spots (or maybe jaguar spots) (so subtle most people wouldnt pick up on it)

Or if your feeling really talented you could have;
    Dante's death mask (could look good symmetrical and face on)
    A Portrait of Sanguinious
    A random blood angels librarian (maybe the titan has a life-debt to this hero of the Blood angels)
    Or wack 'archangel' into a google image serach and see what amzing images pop up.

Or for a more generic space marine symbols-
    Crux terminates
    Skull with wings
    Librarian skull with horns

Chaplain

I'm likeing the idea about the upright chalice or even Dante's death mask. Hmmm.....think I'll try practicing my free hand today.

Chaplain

So I took a shot at free handing.....it's not the greatest. Couldn't get a good shot with the cam. But this is what I came up with.

Librarian

Just stunning, I love the look so far, and can't wait to see the finished product.

Chapter-Master

Fantastic work mate. Freehand is fantastic, keep it up! As for names;

world hammer
    marcus mundi
    angel hammer
    angellus malleus
    world destroyer
    mundi exterminatore
    angel's sword
    gladium angeli
    angel's shield
    angeli scutum
    angel's hammer
    angelus malleos
    the beautiful sword
    gladium pulchrum
    the beautiful hammer
    pulchrae malleus
    the beautiful shield
    pulchrae scutum
    death's sword
    gladii mortis
    death's messenger
    mortis nuntium
    emperor's messenger
    ceasaris nuntius
    emperor's sword
    ceasaris ensis
    emperor's hammer
    ceasaris malleus
    emperor's shield
    ceasaris arma

Just a few ideas :P
    Last edited by SotonShades; 06-19-2011 at 05:45 AM.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Looking great! Can't wait to see these finished. And how are you thinking of painting the terrain?

Chaplain

Thank you all very much.

The terrain will be painted to match my board:

Wow! Great names Thx!

I'm thinking of:
    angel's shield
    angeli scutum

death's messenger
    mortis nuntium

I like:
    world hammer
    marcus mundi
    for a Warhound I'm doing next. (already built one need another for the set) I like powerful names for lil' dogs LOL.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast