BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Neither does being out of coherency. The only consequence to being out of coherency is that the next time you can move, you have to move to get back into coherency. Nothing says it affects your ability to score.
    Another reason to bring back the You move I move, You shoot I shoot, so we don't have these shennaigans.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

yep going to ground on an objective is I believe one of the tactics encouraged with Plague Bearers in the Daemon army, as they get a save and FnP roll for almost all shots at them, making them difficult to dislodge.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    Another reason to bring back the You move I move, You shoot I shoot, so we don't have these shennaigans.
    Bring back? 40k's never used that system. The only GW game I can think of that has used it is LotR, and to a degree Epic 1st and 2nd.

Librarian

I've not read any rule saying a unit that goes to ground/is pinned doesn't count as scoring. If someone could quote the page where it says that, then it would resolve the issue, otherwise, that which is not forbidden is permitted: without a rule that explicitly states "Units which have gone to ground/are pinned cannot claim objectives", then units that have gone to ground/are pinned can obviously still claim objectives.

I always thought it was the best way to actually claim an objective, especially if you're a unit with Stealth. It's why I use Space Marine scouts to hold objectives when I play Marines. When needed, 2+ cover saves are hilarious.

Veteran-Sergeant

Thanks for the input. I re-looked over the 40K rule book and the areas that might come into play, and going to ground seems like a really great and legal tactic for holding on to an objective in the final few rounds.
    Your Codex is only great until the next one is released.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12