Brother-Captain

Default 144th Corinthian Stormguard: Battle Ready Elements

Forgive some of the washed out shots, my camera isn't the greatest

Here they are: enjoy!
    Total force:

Platoon

Horde O' Dudes

And every thing else closer up and different angles
    [url]http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j474/Lordazaghul/IG%201/144th/#!cpZZ3QQtppZZ12[/url][/quote]
    Last edited by Lord Azaghul; 06-08-2011 at 06:18 AM.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Brother-Captain

Nice battleforce you've got there, seems like a lot of banng for the buck.

Watch out for that furry daemon eyeballing your troops though...

Chaplain

I would curb stomp any cat that got that close to my minis. Well, I would if he didn't have initiative 10 and hit and run....frigging cats. The guard look pretty good btw lol.

Chaplain

I thought that was a new furry bio-titan???
    Great army
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Brother-Captain

Thanks folk!

Yes the furry bio-titan has been known to stomp the war grounds nearly every time that battle-mat is pulled out. Thankfully he usually rolls snake eyes, on his attacks - and is promptly removed from play!

I think the only time he ever attacked anything was the first day we got him as a kitten: jumped up and grabbed an ogre off the table...

Impressive force you have there. Do you intend to add anything else to it? Are you tempted too...like adding 2 more Hellhounds, or maybe another Leman Russ to make 2 squadrons of 3 tanks each? Or if they ever do bring out the plastic Hydra Tank for murderous skies this summer, maybe 3 of them for a squadron of Anti-Air and light armour?

I have a similar amount of IG myself but slowly painting them, however, when I saw this it has given me inspiration to complete my army quicker.

You could go for an armoured company with supporting armoured fist platoon for example 1 Coy HQ with Chimera, 1 Pltn HQ with Chimera followed by 3 Squads with 3 Chimera. 2 squadrons of 3 Leman Russ each, 2 Artillery (Basi can be as is or count as Medusa's or Colossus) and the Sentinels or Hellhounds as your recon units....

I like the force alot, well done and thank you for sharing your passion with us all.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DadExtraordinaire View Post
    Impressive force you have there. Do you intend to add anything else to it? Are you tempted too...like adding 2 more Hellhounds, or maybe another Leman Russ to make 2 squadrons of 3 tanks each? Or if they ever do bring out the plastic Hydra Tank for murderous skies this summer, maybe 3 of them for a squadron of Anti-Air and light armour?

I have a similar amount of IG myself but slowly painting them, however, when I saw this it has given me inspiration to complete my army quicker.

You could go for an armoured company with supporting armoured fist platoon for example 1 Coy HQ with Chimera, 1 Pltn HQ with Chimera followed by 3 Squads with 3 Chimera. 2 squadrons of 3 Leman Russ each, 2 Artillery (Basi can be as is or count as Medusa's or Colossus) and the Sentinels or Hellhounds as your recon units....

I like the force alot, well done and thank you for sharing your passion with us all.
    Most of that was probably painted over the course of about a year, I'm not the best painter, I just strive for a solid table top, but I do enjoy the results.

Actually have quite a bit more that's unpainted! For the cadian catachan:
    At least the above again in HW's.
    A 2nd Vendetta.
    Scratch build hydra coming
    Couple more chimeras sittling around
    And a 2nd Demolisher - yeah I like tanks.
    a few rough riders...

& after all that junk
    I've got an entire tallarn force, NIB, Roughriders, hellhounds griffons - all the old school models, hordes of HW's teams, lots of plasma weapons - going to a 'dune' theme!
    With a few newer/others: manticore execution - all just waiting to be built and painted - some were around 2500 more pts

I just got side tracked my other projects (SM, Dystopian Wars, WM, Terrain)
    And I'll prolly be a good while to a get back into 40k painted furior